Forums General General Chat General Internet Safety

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LemmyTheLenny 6 months ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Bumping due to another recent phishing attempt on the site.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Victar
    Participant

Number of phishing messages I’ve deleted from my RPG Insanity account: 2.

Number of phishing messages I’ve deleted from my personal email account: probably 100,000

Number of phishing messages I’ve deleted from my business email account: probably 1 million.

Favorite RPG of all time: Journey to Kreisia (by Exe-Create)

Mastertrek

@victar, yeah, Email accounts are getting the most phishing/SPAM messages and there’s not much anyone can do except deleting all of them.

Here it didn’t happen many times although at one point there was so huge SPAM I almost couldn’t keep up with deleting each message (only @msg-commander can delete all SPAM topics through a few clicks. I had to delete 50-200 SPAM messages from Forums manually every single day for some time, which usually took 20 minutes up to an hour.. I’m glad I don’t have to spend time doing this anymore. 

Welcome 😇

1 user thanked author for this post.
    LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

Just to make sure. PM stands for (not post meridiem, the other one) private message, right?

“Please remember: Things are not what they seem.” -Haruki Murakami, 1Q84
    "Anything can be a sword if you polish it enough." -Shiota Nagisa, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (dub)
    "You ask them to speak/ When they tried to speak/ You judge them" -Mafumafu, Berserk

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Yep. PM or Private Message means the same as DM or Direct Message. PMs and DMs are plural versions of Private Messages or Direct Messages.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 780 Forums: 130 Topics: 1,772 Replies: 11,514