Forums General General Chat RIP Tablet :(

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  inkwarrior 11 months ago.

inkwarrior
    Participant

So, the Android 4 tablet I’ve owned for nearly three years finally died on me. (It’s this, btw; I wouldn’t recommend it since it’s way old and outdated, as is the Android version 4 codebase). Since updated replacements for it aren’t cheap (the cheapest tablet I can find that runs Android 7 is around $180), at how much I’d have to shell out I might as well just buy a Nintendo Switch and play Hyrule Warriors all day.  😛

I suppose it had to happen sometime. Mobile gacha gaming was seriously eating at my soul (nevermind that I only shelled out $20 considering all the gacha games I’ve played in those three years, but the time investment… bleh).

What this means is that I probably won’t be active very much here, since I am obviously in no position to play anything that isn’t already on console (and no, I cannot run an emulator like Nox; my comp is too old for that). I will still try to answer any questions people may have for things I have already posted content on, such as my Asdivine Cross or The First Tactics guides.

See you around, people!

1oldtymer
    Participant

Sorry to see you go, inkwarrior.  I always enjoyed reading your posts, and you certainly helped many of us with your game information.  Good luck with the Switch, and thanks again for your guides.  We will miss you.

Older, but not wiser

Islandi
    Participant

@inkwarrior, have you try looking at Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablets?

They are entry level android tablets, I think their specs should be sufficient to run Kemco’s console-type games. They’re also considered cheap in my country and for me, but I’m not sure what they cost there and your budget.</p><p>Link: https://www.samsung.com/sg/tablets/all-tablets/</p>

• This reply was modified 49 years ago by .
    inkwarrior
    Participant

@inkwarrior, have you try looking at Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablets?

They are entry level android tablets, I think their specs should be sufficient to run Kemco’s console-type games. They’re also considered cheap in my country and for me, but I’m not sure what they cost there and your budget.</p><p>Link: https://www.samsung.com/sg/tablets/all-tablets/</p>

That’s what I was looking at the most, actually. Currently there’s a sale for that model in particular in several stores I know (the one that’s 32GB, runs Android 7 and around 8-inch screen) with the $180 price tag I mentioned, not just in Samsung’s own site. Of course, that’s not counting any necessary extras (warranty and such), but still. I might consider that, but I’d need to raise my budget some which may take a while to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 542 Forums: 123 Topics: 1,449 Replies: 9,424