Forums General General Chat Your Top 20 J-RPGs All Times

This topic contains 34 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  JRPGHero 1 year ago.

JRPGHero
    Participant

@nemomon I haven’t played the 3DS version of Radiant Historia, but I have heard they added more content like a new alternate timeline.

JRPGH

Victar
    Participant

I played the original Radiant Historia on the DS. It is a solid game with an excellent story, good music, and an intriguing, turn-based battle system. A few optional bosses were incredibly cheap, but that’s why they’re optional, right?

I decided against playing the remake because, according to the reviews I read, the extra content/timelines were mostly embellishments on the original. As much as I liked Radiant Historia, I didn’t want to spend 30-60 hours reviewing its story, instead of playing a game with a new story.

(At least when Exe-Create makes me replay one of its games for another ending, the replay is massively sped up by carried-over levels.)

Favorite RPG of all time: Journey to Kreisia (by Exe-Create)

Litanylegendlight
    Participant

FINALLY! Appreciation for 358/2 dayz. Best DS game ever, change my mind. Also JRPG Hero, I feel ypu. It took me a good half an hour to create my list.

The only benefit of having ever played only one Kemco game. (Probably said that wrong somehow, idk)

Also it looks like a lot (?) of ppl enjoyed Fernz gate…?

edit: Yay, quote finally works!

٩( ᐛ )و

Jesusalva
    Participant

The only benefit of having ever played only one Kemco game. (Probably said that wrong somehow, idk)

cannot see any obvious error, maybe some hidden grammar rule?

Fernz Gate is great. Kinda outshines the other games, though.

SPECIALLY Asdivine Hearts 2. If you play Fernz Gate, you’ll probably hate AH2 afterwards, so if you plan on playing AH2 (there’s a freemium of it), do it before.

The lameness and laziness on the making of AH2 gets all evident once you play Fernz Gate…

PS. I don’t see the need to play the original Asdivine Hearts to play AH2.

Also, congrats on quoting with success ^^!

JRPGHero
    Participant

@victar Yeah the Radiant Historis remake didn’t look all that special to me. A turn off for me besides the lack of a 3DS was the changed character portraits.

JRPGH

JRPGHero
    Participant

I forgot how I ended up playing Fernz Gate but yes it really surprised me when I first played it. It was the first Kemco game I really liked everything about. I especially liked the curio system that let you select the random encounter rate. And none of the characters annoyed me, which was a first for an Exe Create game.

cannot see any obvious error, maybe some hidden grammar rule?

Fernz Gate is great. Kinda outshines the other games, though.

SPECIALLY Asdivine Hearts 2. If you play Fernz Gate, you’ll probably hate AH2 afterwards, so if you plan on playing AH2 (there’s a freemium of it), do it before.

The lameness and laziness on the making of AH2 gets all evident once you play Fernz Gate…

PS. I don’t see the need to play the original Asdivine Hearts to play AH2.

Also, congrats on quoting with success ^^!

[/quote

JRPGH

Nemomon
    Participant

I agree that the new mugshots for the Radiant Historia remake were awful, but there was an option to change them back to the old ones. But I wonder how gamelay wise the new route was good. If it was worth playing or not. At the end of the day though the Radiant Historia was a good game, and I think it’s worth replaying it a little later.

JRPGHero
    Participant

@msg-commander I literally just bought the Android port of The World Ends With You today! Took me a minute to get it, but the touch controls are actually easy; you just tap, slash, or drag in battle to move and attack. There’s also a controls guide if you forget which to do.

JRPGH

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

@msg-commander I literally just bought the Android port of The World Ends With You today! Took me a minute to get it, but the touch controls are actually easy; you just tap, slash, or drag in battle to move and attack. There’s also a controls guide if you forget which to do.

TWEWY is actually a fantastic game (only played the DS version,where it took a while to get used to Controls but multitasking part was nice.) Not sure how it is played on Android as in original you control one character on Touch Screen, the other uses buttons. Learning to do Damage on Both screens took some time learning but it fitted well with the Story.

Welcome 😇

JRPGHero
    Participant

@mastertrek I was just thinking abt how the mobile version of TWEWY feels like a bridge between the DS Lite and mobile gaming. It really made the game more accessible for those like me who can’t divide their attention well or hated using the touchpad on DS.

JRPGH

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 994 Forums: 137 Topics: 2,001 Replies: 12,204