Forums General General Chat 3DS: Pros and JRPG Game Recs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CodeSaint 3 months ago.

JRPGHero
    Participant

I’ve been gaming on a DS Lite and a tablet for the past four years, but I’ve been considering upgrading to a Nintendo 3DS.  I’m especially interested b/c it’s backwards compatible with the original DS games (I’ve got a decent collection that I like to revisit.)

Maybe it’s due to the amount of JRPGs I’ve played, but I find its game library disappointing.

The only games that interest me on there are Tales of The Abyss, The Alliance Alive, and maybe Bravely Default.

With that being said, are there any other pros of the 3DS that might make it worth putting on my Christmas wishlist?

JRPGH

Findme
    Participant

Pro:

• strong 1st party titles
    • built quality, except hinges
    • eshop, virtual console

Con:

• bad baterry life
    • fragile hinges
    • lower res screen

As for RPG, we have Nintendo’s RPG, you know, Mario&Luigi, Animal Crossing, and lots of Pokemon games. Iirc, we also have games from Dragon Quest, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei, Kingdom Heart 3D, Etrian Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles, Monster Hunter and Yo-kai Watch. Some of them are action-oriented.

Yeah, RPG-wise, not that much variety… still, if you enjoy those titles, you’ll enjoy 3DS 😉

JRPGHero
    Participant

@findme Yeahhh the bad battery life is a turn off for me. And not much interests me from the games you listed. I appreciate your thoughts, but I think I will just stick with my DS Lite.

JRPGH

Findme
    Participant

I appreciate your thoughts, but I think I will just stick with my DS Lite.

sure no problem 😉

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Findme.
    CodeSaint
    Participant

Alliance Alive got a HD rerelease and it’s available on all platforms, maybe lacking XOne. But Steam lacks keyboard and I’m didn’t tested it yet because I’m with a malfunctioning controller. But I’ve heard GOG version has keyboard support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 786 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,788 Replies: 11,571