Forums General General Chat I think I have a problem…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MPG Annihilator 2 months ago.

Xuande
    Participant

… a good problem, of course 😉

[Nocturnal Knight of the Kemco Kingdom]

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Victar
    Participant

I have no easy way to do a screenshot since they’re on my New 3DS, PS4, and Switch, but here’s my list of unfinished Kemco RPGs that I really need to play or finish before buying even more:

Alphadia

Asdivine Cross

Crystareino (got a little confused by the socializing system)

Doom & Destiny Advanced (really funny, skill system confused me a little)

Dragon Lapis

Dragon Sinker

Dragon View (this one’s a Super Nintendo cartridge action-RPG)

Everdark Tower (probably finishing this one next, just because it’s ultra short)

Illusion of L’Phalcia

Legend of the Tetrarchs

Legna Tactica (tactical RPG, I have a bad track record with those, but it was on sale)

Machine Knight

Monochrome Order (seemed really fascinating, I just got distracted)

Revenant Dogma (can’t decide whether to turn the difficulty down from Normal)

Sephirothic Stories (offering paid DLC to adjust the encounter rate? Seriously?)

Symphony of Eternity (got a little confused by the skill system)

Yodanji (roguelike, but it was cheap on sale, so it’s on the “maybe play in 10+ years” list)

Favorite RPG of all time: Journey to Kreisia (by Exe-Create)

Xuande
    Participant

I can tell you out of your list that Crystareino and Dragon Sinker are excellent. (Crystareino has a very addictive job system when it opens up all the way.)

Everdark Tower will most likely be good too. It’s predecessor, Archlion Saga was an awesome little game.

Also… What makes Journey to Kreisia your favorite? Genuinely curious– that’s one I haven’t picked up yet.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Xuande.
    Victar
    Participant

I liked Archlion Saga okay on my Switch, although it’s so short that $5 is a high price for its content. I waited for Everdark Tower to go on sale before buying it, on principle.

I enjoyed Journey to Kreisia’s battle system and level of challenge, and its story and characters were decent outside of a few questionable scenes that were clearly intended as comedy relief, but what really makes it my favorite game is its Normal Ending. This is the ending that plays upon beating the final boss of one’s first playthrough. I won’t give any details here to avoid spoilers.

I replayed the game to get one of its replay-exclusive endings (carried-over levels made the replay very quick). I liked that ending fine, but the Normal Ending hit me emotionally in a way that almost no other video game ending ever has.

Favorite RPG of all time: Journey to Kreisia (by Exe-Create)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Xuande
    Participant

I may pick that one up next then … Always a sucker for emotional story moments.

Xuande
    Participant

@victar Well, Kreisia went on sale last night, $2.99 I believe, so I pulled the trigger on it– I’ll try to play it next!

MPG Annihilator
    Keymaster

Journey to Kresia is deffinalty in my top 10 of kemco games that I have been able to finish. Extremely worthwhile for its original price just for the main story alone, not to mention all the side content. Its just a blast.

Light and Darkness, Come forth and be one.
    No matter the battle, without hope, you are done.

Jesusalva
    Participant

… a good problem, of course 😉

Yes, that’s definitely a problem; You have a few games missing D:

I have more unfinished Kemco games than I can remember or write in a post, unfortunately.

MPG Annihilator
    Keymaster

Jesusalva, that’s such a mood. I have so many unfinished kemco games, or games I just haven’t even started yet. Need to get back on track. Another Eden might be taking a tad too much time outta me.

Light and Darkness, Come forth and be one.
    No matter the battle, without hope, you are done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 980 Forums: 136 Topics: 1,995 Replies: 12,183