Forums General General Chat Alphadia file wiped unexpectedly

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  StarFighters76 1 month ago.

StarFighters76
    Participant

I’m playing Alphadia, and was very far into it (Legendary Weapons quest). Then I went to boot up the game and the file was wiped. All four save slots gone. Has this ever happened and is there any way to retrieve it? If not, I’ll have to finish up what I have drawn up to map and leave it at that, which I don’t want to do. But I don’t want to go through all that again to get to that point.

Prolific creator of 3,000+ maps found on GameFAQs.com

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/StarFighters76/contributions/maps

Prajna
    Participant

It’s really sad and annoying that something like that happened to you. Which version are you playing (original or remake, which system)? If the version you’re playing features cloud saves, it might be worth a try to uninstall and reinstall the game. The same applies to checking the installed version for any errors (which is at least possible on Steam).

Due to how the remake is structured (playing through Alphadia I and II back-to-back), I doubt that anyone would be able to provide an end-game save file of Alphadia I. While I had made a back-up of my Alphadia I end-game save file during my playthrough, it’s long gone now, but hopefully, even if it’s unlikely, someone else in this forum will be able to provide you with a back-up if you still need it.

I’m a bit paranoid about potential data loss, so I always make save file back-ups after each playing session, even if a game features cloud saves (on the other hand, I’m not one to keep save files from games I’ve already completed). It’s dangerous how modern technology instills a false sense of security, and I really hope that will be the last save file (or any data) wipe that you experienced in this lifetime.

StarFighters76
    Participant

I should have mentioned that it was the original and not the combo game. And I dunno what “cloud saves” are. I’ve heard of them mentioned in passing, but only by name. I don’t know how they work or how to access them. I also got the game through Google Play, so I am playing it on my phone.

Prolific creator of 3,000+ maps found on GameFAQs.com

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/StarFighters76/contributions/maps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,558 Forums: 149 Topics: 2,451 Replies: 13,766