Forums JRPGs Grand Boom Kingdom A short but really fun JRPG

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rpgfanjames 4 months ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I just finished this game over the weekend and just wanted to drop my 2 cents worth.

The game is pretty short (it doesn’t record hours played, but I’m guessing it look 5-6 hours, or less). However, I found it really engaging. It’s got just enough story to keep things moving, really good dialogue, a nice battle system, and really good-looking graphics and menus.

And what was really cool: you can rotate the camera angle, horizontally and vertically (and you’ll want to do so quite often; otherwise you’ll miss some treasures.)

The final boss battles were – not intense, but not just “tap and win” either. They did require a teensy bit of strategy; however by the time you reach the boss you’ll most likely be a high enough level to win the battle.

I wish the game would’ve been a few hours longer, at least, but for what is, I definitely recommend it. It’s a great rainy-day game that’s not too hard (or too boring…)  😆

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Did you try out the game in 1st person?

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Did you try out the game in 1st person?

What?! I didn’t ever see that option. Where is it?

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I have no idea but i saw and assumed from the promotional pictures that there existed a FPS mode.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Rpgfanjames
    Participant

I have this game downloaded from the Appstore on my iPad. I am currently at the ‘last’ dungeon but stopped playing it ever since. Not really into short JRPGs if I’m honest…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,415 Forums: 119 Topics: 1,161 Replies: 7,965