Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Guardian Quest Beating the Final Boss

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 3 years ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Although it might be possible to beat the final boss with Han less than level 25, it will certainly be extremely difficult.  At level 25 Han learns the magic “healus” (a heal all skill), without which you will struggle.  You do have some choice in tactics, but the enemy can overwhelm you.  I needed two healers (Han and Luna), and even then it was a tough contest.

Older, but not wiser

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Hah. I gave up on that since the boss kept spewing BS move one after another. What did you get for winning? A postgame dungeon?

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

I hate to say this, but it is the absolute worst ending I can recall.  Why?  Well…the game, as you probably know, has many crashes.  After you beat the final boss, you get two brief cut scenes, and then it crashes.  On purpose…I know, because I beat the boss 3 times, and got the exact same crash (“Guardian Quest has stopped working”).  Cheap way to end a game.  No “End” or anything else, no ability to save, no post game, no anything.  So just two very brief scenes, maybe a total of 4 sentences (one of which is something like “Time to rest.”).

Older, but not wiser

2 users thanked author for this post.
    LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Wow. Good to know that I did not miss much. That is lazy as hell.

Maybe Guardian Quest 2 won’t have Crashing Ending.. Literally, Crashing xd

𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖙 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖘 𝖒𝖊.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Just beat Guardian Quest 2. It has an ending that does not crash. It is just a simple “the end” screen. Only this time, the king says “Oh this is Keyword 99” before showing a screen you cant get out of.

So this game is less buggy than the first but still a game that is so bad it’s good. Alice leadns HealUs at level 18. You can use HealUs to overheal everyone though a glitch.

Even better, you can get negative MP. The Overheal stays even after battles and is dependent on how fast you can tap HealUs before the game realizes you dont have enough MP.

And to top it off, Quake crashes the game. Literally. If Lucas casts quake, he will crash your game.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Hey, maybe the game has bugs on purpose.  What an idea: some key skills crash, some others “over” reward, and maybe some just randomly crash or whatever.

I recall a long time ago some PC game that had “simulated” crashes, with core dumps, that you had to figure out how to “fix” in order to return to the game, etc.

Thanks for pursuing GQ2…

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,270 Forums: 145 Topics: 2,258 Replies: 13,101