Forums General Help Changing Time Zone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

FuzzyBuffalo
    Participant

Does anyone know if I can change the Time Zone for the Forums?

All post show about 6 hours ahead of my time.

If I can, where is the setting?

Thanks

Mastertrek
    Participant

I don’t think it’s possible at this site (never saw a site where I could change timezones only).

Yiazmat Vanquished!

1 user thanked author for this post.

FuzzyBuffalo
    Participant

Thanks

As far as I remember, every site that the times of my posts showed different than my actual time, you could change Time Zones. Been wrong before though. Usually there’s a Forums setting page where you can set things like number of posts to show per page and the Time Zone.

It looks like MSG Commander and his cousin or nephew, can’t remember, are doing this by themselves. And doing a great job if you ask me. So if there’s not a setting, I can live with that.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

@fuzzybuffalo,

There is no way for members to change the timezone.

There is apparently a way for me as the admin to change the overall timezone for the site, but it’s been on Greenwich Mean Time (or whatever the kids call it these days) for as long as I can remember, and I think if I did change it now it would just cause more confusion.

P.S. I started this site with my nephew (MPG Annihilator), but he’s in middle school now, and in marching band and Jazz Band, so he doesn’t get a lot of game time these days. (But he still always asks me how the site is doing…)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

FuzzyBuffalo
    Participant

That’s kind of what I figured, but thought I would ask.

Much respect, I can’t even imagine how much work this is, much less do it myself.

Thanks

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

The hard part was just learning how to put it all together. Day-to-day, I usually just monitor the forum, and at least so far we’ve been really blessed to only attract decent people.  😀

But I get to talk about the games I enjoy, and I get to learn about web design (two of my main passions). That plus the community that’s grown here makes it all worth it.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.