Forums General Help Please tell me this forum aint flooded with Scammers !!

This topic contains 69 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 4 weeks ago.

LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

And I thought this one got deleted~

It’s the exact same thing, new account.

“Please remember: Things are not what they seem.” -Haruki Murakami, 1Q84
    "Anything can be a sword if you polish it enough." -Shiota Nagisa, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (dub)
    "You ask them to speak/ When they tried to speak/ You judge them" -Mafumafu, Berserk

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

The sad part is that the reason why we keep seeing sex scams like this one is because there’s enough dumbasses who fall for those.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Azyleo

I’ll have to ask MSG or MPG to give moderators the ability to ban them, or maybe here maybe.

@msg-commander / @mpg-annihilator

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jesusalva
    Participant

Already complained to them add Stop Forum Spam! plugin, which blacklists these accounts in first place, before they can even send a PM…

Or even to add some limits to prevent mass PM sending… \*sigh\*….

Victar
    Participant

How exactly can I report an RPGInsanity account that sends scam private messages? What do I click on to do that?

Favorite RPG of all time: Journey to Kreisia (by Exe-Create)

MPG Annihilator
    Keymaster

Victar, You see a scammer, PM MSG a d I, and one of us will get it. I’m going to PM MSG and ask if we can give moderators power to ban scam accounts. Make the entire process 142% faster.

Light and Darkness, Come forth and be one.
    No matter the battle, without hope, you are done.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    MPG Annihilator
    Keymaster

Sooo, it’s been awhile.

For some reason, we haven’t had scammers in like a month and a half, and while thats good, it worries me that we are going to get some sort of scam rush at some point, so no one let your guards down

I have talked with MSG awhile back, and asked him if there was any way to have moderators be able to remove spam

Simple answer: No

Reason: WordPress is coded in a way so only admins have the power to ban accounts, which probably has a relation to the fact that we are the only ones that can access and change the actual code of the website. Moderators can change/delete posts, admins can change the program, looks, account info, and ban them.

There is simply no possible way to change that, unfoturnatly, unless we made Mastertrek and Azyleo admins, which I have a feeling they don’t have the desire to change the looks or the code of the website at this moment, so I don’t think that’s much of an option…..

Just an update on the situation here.

Light and Darkness, Come forth and be one.
    No matter the battle, without hope, you are done.

Mastertrek

There is simply no possible way to change that, unfoturnatly, unless we made Mastertrek and Azyleo admins, which I have a feeling they don’t have the desire to change the looks or the code of the website at this moment, so I don’t think that’s much of an option…..

You’re right, I don’t want it. You and @msg-commander are deleting scammer accounts in a short time whenever it is reported.

I hope everyone understands to not click on links that look suspicious or contact Scammer E-mails.

Welcome 😇

LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

For some reason, we haven’t had scammers in like a month and a half, and while thats good, it worries me that we are going to get some sort of scam rush at some point, so no one let your guards down

You may be right. New one, user Moureen Max. And I quote:

spoiler

“Hello,
    Good day and how are you my dear!
    It’s my humble pleasure to meet you today,My Name is Mrs.Moureen Maxwell,am 47 years old woman.Please I have something very important that i will like to share with you,If you don’t mind my email address is [[email protected]] contact me with my email so that we can talk. Thanks and I wait to hear from you soon.
    Regards.
    Mrs.Moureen”

At this point, no one’s going to fall for this. We’re all too used to it.

“Please remember: Things are not what they seem.” -Haruki Murakami, 1Q84
    "Anything can be a sword if you polish it enough." -Shiota Nagisa, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (dub)
    "You ask them to speak/ When they tried to speak/ You judge them" -Mafumafu, Berserk

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Mastertrek.
    Jesusalva
    Participant

You may be right. New one, user Moureen Max. And I quote:…

@litanylegendlight when quoting spam, please redact out the spam part of them.

Example

“Hello,
    Good day and how are you my dear!
    It’s my humble pleasure to meet you today,My Name is Mrs.Moureen Maxwell,am 47 years old woman.Please I have something very important that i will like to share with you,If you don’t mind my email address is [redacted out] contact me with my email so that we can talk. Thanks and I wait to hear from you soon.
    Regards.
    Mrs.Moureen”

When you quote a spam message, you may indirectly support the spam networks, hence, the extra care needed.

PS. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, no one will tell you that it is harmful quoting spam unless you decide to do that 😛 so it is perfectly normal, just a heads-up warning 😀

(Ideally though, the server itself should redact out emails from forms, but meh)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 759 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,733 Replies: 11,351