Forums General Help Please tell me this forum aint flooded with Scammers !!

This topic contains 69 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 2 weeks ago.

JRPGHero
    Participant

Yeah, I just saw a message from Moureen Max myself 🙄

And look who is back… Moureen Max from the previous phishing attempt!

JRPGH

MPG Annihilator
    Keymaster

Gotem.

It just took about 5 minutes to find him

Ok, so when you PM me or msg for scammers, please dont delete the scammers message untill AFTER I have deleted the account please? it took me like 5 minutes to find the stupid scammer, because everyone immediently deleted the PM. It just makes life easier, and the scammer will go away faster if this is done, PLEASE?

Light and Darkness, Come forth and be one.
    No matter the battle, without hope, you are done.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

…if there is an easy way to have the “pages” that are listed in the “Games” section (what you see when you click on the game picture) somehow cross linked or referenced in the Forum topics that would help.

I wrote a bit of PHP code into the site that “looks” for related game pages, but it’s a very basic, simple code, so it merely looks for pages that belong to the same game, and randomly spits out links for up to 5 of those pages. A more sophisticated coder might be able to find, let’s say, the “Sub Quest” page, and link to that from within the “Sub Quest” forum thread… but that’s more than I know how to do and I don’t want to put in the extra time to try and figure that out. 🙄

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Oh, no, we don’t want any real work involved.   I hope you don’t mind, but what I did manually, just to see how it would work, was to add a redundant topic (that is, a copy of a forum post) into your Tenmilli walkthrough (under the bonus stuff).  That does what I want (but not how I want it done): a player searching through the walkthrough (or anything within the “Games” stuff))  would see information perhaps buried in a forum topic.  I would have preferred just putting a “link” to the forum post, and in fact I think I could do that, but I didn’t want to take the risk as I didn’t know if the links are created dynamically and not remain static.  Anyway, as long as you don’t mind, I might do a few more manually that way if I recall any buried treasure.  For example, the long thread among Cho, rimrazen, and myself about how to defeat one monster in a game is something I would point to from the Games page, as nobody would know about it otherwise.  I wouldn’t copy the entire thread, I would just post a little notice that the thread exists under the topic “World map” (for example).

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  1oldtymer.
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Seems like Easter Egg Topic Hunt 🙂

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Also, I don’t think the links for a particular Topic are changing so adding a link to any thread/page if the information is important (but wasn’t added) wouldn’t hurt the walkthroughs. But, of course, @msg-commander (and @mpg-annihilator) has the last word in any given topic.

Welcome 😇

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I never deleted the message. They usually get deleted when i’m away.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Jesusalva
    Participant

I never deleted the message. They usually get deleted when i’m away.

Never deletes PMs, he is too lazy for that

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Oh, no, we don’t want any real work involved.   I hope you don’t mind, but what I did manually, just to see how it would work, was to add a redundant topic (that is, a copy of a forum post) into your Tenmilli walkthrough (under the bonus stuff).  That does what I want (but not how I want it done): a player searching through the walkthrough (or anything within the “Games” stuff))  would see information perhaps buried in a forum topic.  I would have preferred just putting a “link” to the forum post, and in fact I think I could do that, but I didn’t want to take the risk as I didn’t know if the links are created dynamically and not remain static.  Anyway, as long as you don’t mind, I might do a few more manually that way if I recall any buried treasure.  For example, the long thread among Cho, rimrazen, and myself about how to defeat one monster in a game is something I would point to from the Games page, as nobody would know about it otherwise.  I wouldn’t copy the entire thread, I would just post a little notice that the thread exists under the topic “World map” (for example).

Yeah that sounds fine. Posting links will not be a problem, as anything you copy and paste will remain as a static link and always point to said topic.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Also, I don’t think the links for a particular Topic are changing so adding a link to any thread/page if the information is important (but wasn’t added) wouldn’t hurt the walkthroughs. But, of course, @msg-commander (and @mpg-annihilator) has the last word in any given topic.

I agree.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 757 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,723 Replies: 11,317