Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Justice Chronicles Stuck in the Forgotten Ruins

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 8 years ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Okay, I don’t want to give details because I don’t know how far anyone else has made it in this game.

But, when you get to the Forgotten Ruins (as in, when you go there for the story), the game will ask if you’re prepared or not? If you’re not (or if you don’t know if you are) – say NO! and go do some collecting and crafting and buy the best Magic Meteorite stones you can find. B)

Because once you enter, you can’t leave. Not until you beat the final boss (I’m NOT going to say who it is; if you’ve been through the ruins already, you know – and if you haven’t, I don’t want to give away any surprises).

I said Yes, I’m ready – and well I’m really not. (hahahaha.) So now I’m probably gonna spend a couple hours grinding in here to get strong enough to beat the boss in this area (by the way when I said final boss I mean the final boss for Forgotten Ruins, NOT for the game!)

Of course, I also really suck at strategy. My usual technique is to just be strong enough to overpower the boss – and in most games that works just fine. But not in this one. :dry:

If anyone HAS completed the Forgotten Ruins, would you be willing to share your strategy for beating the last boss in this area (without saying who the boss is, of course)?

All your base are

Azyleo

Woah, thanks for the heads up. Im still at Abyss cliff right now and the game is hard even here( Cheap Bosses Lol ).
    What level do you recommend for the final dungeon.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Oh, Forgotten Ruins is not the final dungeon! (Although it is pretty far from Abyss Cliff.) Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. :unsure:

Anyway, I finally beat the last boss in Forgotten Ruins, and now I have to go on to the next location (plus there are a few locations that are ‘available,’ but I haven’t been to them yet for the story, so…)

Here’s what happened in Forgotten Ruins (without giving anything away):

I entered the area around Lv 45-46. Done some crafting, so my weapons and armor are somewhere in the middle, but nothing WAY powerful. I have a few Magic Meteorites that are a step up from the ones you can get at the start of the game. (In other words, I could have been better prepared, if I’d spent maybe two or three hours grinding and doing witch’s requests, etc.)

Anyway. You know how you can set your Beasts either to Pursuit or Guidance? I vaguely remember the game said the two settings offer different strategies, but the Guardian Beasts/High Beasts are completely automatic anyway so I just put everyone on Pursuit ’cause I thought it sounded cooler.

Well, I fought the guy like 6 times (and lost every one), and then I switched the Guardian Beasts to “Guidance,” and then, through an incredibly RANDOM lucky streak of Letz using “Life Rain” every time Alia died (Life Rain restores EVERYONE’S health to 100%); and then through sheer dumb luck keeping Alia alive long enough to blast the guy with Holy Shot every chance I got – I finally just barely won the battle, and now I have left the Forgotten Ruins, and am quitting for the night.

And tomorrow, I’m doing nothing but GRIND until my weapons and armor are as high as I can go with the materials I’m able to collect (yes some of them now require materials I haven’t even found yet…)

I LOVE the story in this game – but I’m so used to battles in Kemco games being so easy, some of these bosses are gonna give me a heart attack! :silly:

P.S. When I finally beat the guy, everyone in my group was around Lv 50 – and even then I only beat him because of a lucky break with Letz reviving everyone all the time. But then again, I really suck when it comes to strategy (just ask my nephew; he’s always like, “Why didn’t you use [fill in the blank] and I’m like, I didn’t know I could?”)

P.P.S. (or is it P.S.S.? I dunno) I’m currently at 20 hours of gameplay, but someone else might be able to reach the same place I’m at in 17-18 hours total, depending. I don’t THINK I’m anywhere close to the end, but I guess you never know with some of these games…

All your base are

Azyleo

Well I am Level 35 and Just Cleared Abyss Cliff. Luckily I Have Been Doing The witch quests so my equipment is quite strong as it is. Pursuit Actually Means is that The Guardian Beast Will Perform attacks With Accordance To Itself( Like it will see its HP first before the Characters ). Guidance Does the Opposite Actually. It sees whether It should Do this and would it be beneficial to the character. Setting Rooselevy to Pursuit and Letz,Taurus to Guidance has worked like the best strategy for me.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Cool I’ll try putting Letz and Taurus on Guidance and see how it goes.

All your base are

Azyleo

Oh and setting Roseleevy to Guidance doesn’t really work for me. He does theΒ same things as in pursuit ( that little rebel ). Maybe its because he doesn’t really have Buff, Debuff and healing skills for that matter.

OboivionZX
    Participant

This boss erks me i thought he was going to be a magic attack type enemy since the other bosses where.. Turns out this son of a gun is a physical attacker who attack’s twice so I’m stuck getting reckted.

Azyleo

Now that I remember, those were also my exact same sentiments.
    This has always happened to me, and almost everytime.Like I went in to fight The Blue Dragon, thinking the same that he might use Magical Attacks ( Since all enemies where Magic Types ), I happily equipped the best Magic armor. Turns out he was a physical attacker and annihilated my whole party, in more or less 3 turns( 2 for charging, 1 for Attack ).

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Yeah this guy was a real pain. Even at level 50 it took me multiple tries before I finally beat him. Which was a shock, because in most Kemco games, when you get to the Boss you’re ready to beat them (well on Normal difficulty at least).

All your base are

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,559 Forums: 149 Topics: 2,452 Replies: 13,767