Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Justice Chronicles Gah! Magic Beast Fang Confusion

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 3 years ago.

Uninvented
    Participant

EDIT: It has come to our attention that the following applies if you’re playing Version 1.1.1, and does NOT apply if you’re playing Version 1.1.0. (Check the Version under your device’s Settings: Apps: Justice Chronicles.) As of 10/30/2018, the Walkthrough is based on Version 1.1.0, unless our Webmaster updates it at a later time to include both versions.

I see there are two types of Magic Beast “Claw” included on our Walkthrough. Since I needed the Fang, I decided to check out the locations provided on the lists for the Claw just to be sure I wasn’t overlooking the Fang or if there may be an omission on the list for it.

The Walkthrough’s Monster & Material lists show Killer Fang’s drops/steals (located in Path to the Holy Place), as the Claw not the Fang. (The difference can be shown when comparing #35 on Monster List [Claw] in the Walkthrough with #35 [Fang] on the in-game Monster List.) Of note, since two types of Magic Beast Claws are listed, I’m wondering if one is the Claw (the rarer of the two) and one is the Fang (the one most commonly used in wep crafting). If my assumption about all of this is correct, then the Fang is the most common of the two, since it was the one I had a lot of after slaying and stealing from Killer Fang and ultimately used them for crafting.

If somebody is able, will you please double-check my info to make sure it’s accurate.  @msg-commander may need to correct the list so we’re not all chasing our claw, or fang, over this one. And if I’m wrong, I’ll delete this post so I don’t inadvertently spread my confusion like a disease.

Not sure about Cerberus, Nue, and Grim Wolf as to whether they need to be de-clawed or have a dental extraction.  But I’m on my way to find out.

EDIT: Grim Wolf (in Ryzune) may drop Magic Beast Fang, and we steal Magic Beast Claw from him.  (I did not mix-up the drop and steal items.)

From Nue (in Forest of Purity) we can steal Magic Beast Fang, but he didn’t drop anything for me, so I can’t include anything about it.

Killer Fang (in Aklord) drops & steals are Magic Beast Fang.

Cerberus (in Alia’s Spirit world) steal is Magic Beast Fang.

** In Version 1.1.1, the Magic Beast CLAW can only be stolen from the Grim Wolf in Ryzune. IIRC, we can’t get the Magic Beast Claw any other way in the latest version.  If playing Version 1.1.0, remember that your inventory and Materials reference will show two listings for a Magic Beast Claw, but they are not the same item.  Please read the posts for this thread, or ask questions, if you’re confused by it.**

Thanks.

Laura

• This topic was modified 52 years ago by .
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

I’ll try to help, but I’m not sure I understand exactly what you mean.  I just did a little experiment, and I stole two items from Nue.  Screen said both were Magic Beast’s Claw.  I checked my item inventory, and sure enough, the total for Magic Beast’s Claw increased by 2.  At the same time, my items inventory showed 1 (one) “Magic Beast’s Claw” two rows down (next to “Whale’s Beard”) with description “Can be obtained from a Grim Wolf.”  So then I stole two “Magic Beast’s Claw” form Grim Wolf, and again, the inventory showed an increase of two in the “second” (next to “Whale’s Beard”) Magic Beast’s Claw.  And I do recall using the type obtained from the Grim Wolf in a crafting, which until I got it the crafting attempt showed I was missing it even though I had plenty of the Magic Beast’s Claw from the Nue.

So I’m confused by what you are asking: are you saying that even though the inventory shows two different types of Magic Beast’s Claw, crafting treats one of them as a Magic Beast’s Fang?

Also, even though I don’t have every base weapon, I do have all the recipes,  so I traced through the entire tree for every weapon/armor I have, but I don’t see any “Magic Beast’s Fang.”  Nor do I see see an entry in the “items” list of materials, or in the DM store.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 52 years ago by .
    Uninvented
    Participant

You really having me wondering about this, @1oldtymer. (In my original post on the second paragraph, I wrote the Fang came from Nue- which is incorrect.  It comes from Killer Fang. I edited that misinformation, and I also included in the edit a little more detail, hoping it helps to clarify what I posted.  I’m thinking that’s why you couldn’t understand what I was asking.  Sorry.)

Now you’re saying that you stole the Claw from Nue, but I stole the Fang.  Could it be different for Nue if he’s in different locations?  Or maybe, just maybe, we have different versions of the game? I’ve attached ss of the Fang and Claw from my list of mats and from the Collection’s Material List from the game to show the difference.

Thank you so much for your response.

EDIT: btw, my in-game lists (Materials nor Monsters) show two listings of either the Fang or Claw.

Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Ahh….you hit it right.  We do have different versions, and since mine (and by inference, MSG Commander’s) is 1.0.0, yours is more recent and probably had the “error” of the two “Magic Beast’s Claw” fixed.  NOTE that Google Play version is currently 1.1.1 I’ve attached my two screen shots from the “Materials” Collection, and you can see the difference between my item #35 and yours, as well as the duplication in my #54.  Screenshot_20181030-131348
    Screenshot_20181030-131452

Thanks for including your sceenshots–that gives us certainty and should help everybody.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 52 years ago by .
    Uninvented
    Participant

Phew! Like you wrote, I’m glad that info is out there now.  Poor MSG-Commander.  He’s gonna have a helluva time trying to fix this one.  😆

Laura

1oldtymer
    Participant

Poor MSG-Commander.  He’s gonna have a helluva time trying to fix this one.  😆

I think you solved it if anybody just checks the forum topics.  All Commander needs to do is simply add a sentence somewhere (probably in the tips/hints), or at the top of the materials post.  When a player tries to craft, he should be able to figure out if he needs #54 or #35.

Thanks for considering Commander’s plight–I’m sure he appreciates your kind thought.

Older, but not wiser

Uninvented
    Participant

Even more bizarre is my Google Store also shows Version 1.1.0. I couldn’t see anything in the game or Title Screen about which version I have, though.  Maybe Kemco forgot to include the updated version number in the store?  Haha, wouldn’t surprise me as busy as they are cranking out games.

Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

If you go into “settings” on your device, apps,then click on Justice Chronicles, it should show a version number (which I assume matches whatever showed on Google Play at the time you downloaded, but I could be wrong).

Older, but not wiser

Uninvented
    Participant

Yep, you’re right.  In settings it shows a version number.  It’s 1.1.1

Laura

1oldtymer
    Participant

The free version on Amazon is 1.0.0; latest (as of today) google play apk is 1.1.1.

Older, but not wiser

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,194 Forums: 143 Topics: 2,177 Replies: 12,816