Chronology in Alphadia Games?

Written by Alfieri

Forums Kemco Games Kemco Chat Chronology in Alphadia Games?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alfieri 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alfieri
    Participant

Hi I just want to know if anyone could explain Alphadia games chronology. I have only played Alphadia and Alphadia Genesis and aside that there is a recurring character (Enah) I don’t see how they are related. According to Kemco site, the first Alphadia occurs on year 1071, then Alphadia Genesis on 1092, which according to the story it is 15 years after the Energi War (1077). Then Alphadia II occurs around 200 years after the first Alphadia (1272). There is also Alphadia Genesis 2, which in the Kemco page does not have a calendar year. Also Alphadia 3, 4 and 5 which were never released in the west, so no idea about those neither.

Also, I have AG2 but wondering if story wise would make more sense to play Alphadia 2 first.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I’ve only played Alphadia and Alphadia 2 (well I started AG but never finished it – same with AG2).

However, I can tell you for a fact that Alphadia and Alphadia 2 are directly related – as in, you MUST play the first one before you play the second one. I only play the English games so I don’t know about 3-5 but I sure wish we could start a letter writing campaign and convince Kemco to release the rest of the series in English!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way the Alphadia games are incredibly cheesy and the translations are just strange sometimes but I DON’T CARE I LOVE THOSE GAMES! THEY’RE AWESOME! EXE CREATE’S BEST!!!! (Well, that might be going a little too far…)

Anyway, my impression of AG and AG2 is that these games occur in a different world – possibly in a different timeline or universe? I’m not really sure. But anyway, the only thing they share with Alphadia is that all the games have a character named Enah. (Which, someone who’s played them all would be able to verify if it is in fact the same Enah in every game… I think it is but I don’t honestly know.)

So my advice if you liked Alphadia at all, is to go ahead and play Alphadia 2. It’s very similar (even including frustrating and time consuming side quests), however it is in all regards vastly superior to the original. (It even has a mini map – although some of the dungeons will still be #[email protected]!#%!#$%^$#[email protected]#[email protected]#^ even with the map…. but it’s all good and the story is awesome…)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Azyleo

About Genesis. Well AG2 is the prequel to AG1, that being said AG1 is in a different world and timeline in contrast to AG2. So yes, you have to play them in order. However playing AG1 will still make a lot more sense than playing AG2 first, thats just how it is.

Alphadia Series is in no way linked with Alphadia Genesis series except for the recurring character “Enah”.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Alfieri
    Participant

Thank you both for your replies. This makes me wonder why did they use the Alphadia calendar as reference. As you can see, Alphadia and AG years are very close from each other. In any case I will play Alphadia 2 next. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.