Forums Kemco Games Kemco Chat Gimme Suggestions

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Uninvented 2 months ago.

NobleStripes
    Participant

I already finished a couple of Kemco games, I would really want to try one with good story and fresh character progression system. Playing about 5 repetitive EXEcreate games has burnt me out.

Any suggestions?

TIGER MOTIF OVERLOAD! MEOW!

Mastertrek

If you didn’t play Fernz Gate you should definitely try it out 🙂

Welcome 😇

2 users thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Symphony of the Origin

Symphony of Eternity

Eclispe of Illusion

Justice Chronicles

Crystareino

(Currently my top 5 favorite of all time…)  🙂

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

NobleStripes
    Participant

I can attest Origin and Eternity are good, Illusion ain’t bad. I have yet to delve deep into playing Justice Chronicles, Crystareino, and Fernz Gate. I’ll try them all very soon.

Thanks guys.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I can attest Origin and Eternity are good, Illusion ain’t bad. I have yet to delve deep into playing Justice Chronicles, Crystareino, and Fernz Gate. I’ll try them all very soon.

Thanks guys.

FWIW… Justice Chronicles and Crystareino are two of my all-time favorites! However, you’ll probably want to follow the guides for one or both of them (JC is especially heavy on collecting Crafting Materials so you’ll want to reference all the walkthroughs for that one)

https://www.rpginsanity.com/justice-chronicles/

https://www.rpginsanity.com/crystareino/

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

NobleStripes
    Participant

Ooh, thanks. I’ll visit them when I get stuck.

Jesusalva
    Participant

Justice Chronicles and Fernz Gate are really good games. I just haven’t marked Justice Chronicles as my favorite on my profile, because I’m still finishing it. (Almost on Forgotten Ruins part – wish me luck!) (Well, having time to play is a worse problem for me, though)

Crystareino, I bought it, started it, but never bothered finishing it. (In fact, I never got even close to finishing this one).

I’m not a huge fan from “Class Switching” systems, and I lost patience after having to cross the Poison Mountains a few many times. (Man, I hate poison.)

It also in some moment switched the Point Of View, which I’m not really fond of (although Silver Nornir also feature various POV switches and is a great game, imo*!) – so even if art style is ok, difficulty is ok, and story is probably something great, I will need to have lots of patience to bother myself in trying it again.

Jesusalva long list of incomplete games and reasons

There are various great games I never bothered to complete because I disliked battle system, for example, Asdivine Hearts (1, of course, 2 cannot even qualify as “good game” imo) and Journey to Kreisia.

There are games which I didn’t finish either because they demanded too much time (eg. Chrome Wolf)

Or because the interface in overall sucks (Aeon Avenger, Shelterra…)

Because they require too much grinding (The First Tatics, which is a non-KEMCO game – Justice Chronicles is just ‘enjoyable grinding’ thus far X.x)

Lack of Time (many here, let’s say, uhm, Symphony of Eternity, Revenant Dogma, Legends of Ixtona…)

And some I never started because price (Symphony of Origin)

Or because they’re not really my cup of tea (Maresia, Elio, Dragon Sinker, Djinn Caster, etc)

*: imo = in my opinion

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Wow, that’s a whole lot of games you didn’t play (I also didn’t play quite a few of KEMCO games because of several reasons but mostly because there are so many games to play that I tried first (and therefore I didn’t finish some Kemco games at all or I simply had too much games on phone.. And seeing a 60+ hours save on the game go poof because I had to free up a lot of space is just sad..Unless the game has convenient cloud save feature).

Welcome 😇

Uninvented
    Participant

@noblestripes

There are a number of games I have enjoyed from Kemco, and there are just as many on my Wish List I haven’t tried yet.  I wasn’t a fan of Asdivine Hearts I & II, however.  Didn’t even finish them.  But here’s a list of the ones I played at least once.  Give em a try if you haven’t already.

1. Asdivine Menace
    2. Asdivine Dios
    3. Wizards of Brandel
    4. Asdivine Cross
    5. Revenant Dogma
    6. Antiquia Lost
    7. Fernz Gate
    8. Djinn Caster
    9. Journey to Kreisia
    10. Dragon Lapis

There are more I played that I’m not thinking of atm to include on the list.  Of all the ones I listed, there isn’t one I can say I didn’t like at all. I typically like old school stuff, and Dragon Lapis was more that type imo.  Djinn Caster has most aspects of an RPG, but battle mode is more like hack & slash.  Didn’t think I’d like it, but I ended up loving it and didn’t want it to end.  Some of the cut scenes are truly amazing! Playing Marenian Tavern Story now which I like. (But you already know that. Haha)

Another option for you is to look at all the Kemco games that Admin listed at the beginning of the Forums to see if any catch your eye. Looks like every single game Kemco developed is listed there.

Laura

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Uninvented.
    NobleStripes
    Participant

I’m currently alternating between Marenian Tavern and Fernz Gate, both are satisfactorily fun. I already finished A. Dios, A. Menace, R. Saga, R. Dogma, Kreisia, Antiquia Lost, and Dragon Lapis. Djinn Caster never caught my eye, sadly.

Wizards of Brandel is next on the list before playing through the earlier Kemco games.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,766 Forums: 123 Topics: 1,306 Replies: 8,699