Forums Kemco Games Kemco Chat New game: Seek Hearts

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Uninvented 4 days ago.

Uninvented
    Participant

Go ahead and register. Kemco/Exe•Create has a new game getting ready to be released.

Laura

Luther
    Participant

Yeah counting days.  🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Abdu Sharif
    Participant

I don’t understand this pre-registration thing Kemco is doing, for example Sephirothic Stories’ English version was ready since August but they released it in October? Why? Maybe to schedule their game releases but why do a pre-registration for the game when you can just release it since it was ready long ago?

Edit: Btw just you know you can see when a game was updated in google play store (also when it was first released).

I have so much Kemco games to catch up on...

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Uninvented
    Participant

Me, too, Luther. I remember reading posts from a number of ppl who are waiting for a new Kemco release. Hopefully it won’t take two months like Abdu said happened with Sephirothic.

Laura

Abdu Sharif
    Participant

Wait, I don’t think preregistration for this game would take that long.

Also what I meant was Sephirothic Stories English version was ready since long ago but when Kemco decided to release it they did a preregistration for about two weeks and released it.

Don’t you think just releasing it would be better since it was ready? why make us wait with the preregistration? Right? Also since the game was ready in August why release in October? I just thought this was weird.

And yeah I hope they don’t take two weeks or longer to release it.

Jesusalva
    Participant

Pre-register provides useful analytical data for them.

It allows them to measure the size of their fanbase (normal players usually won’t pre-register, only us, Kemco fanboys and such), and they can compare how many did the pre-register with how many actually bought the game to decide if their price is compatible with the market.

Not only that, but by comparing the evolution or decrease between pre-registers from different games, they can estimate some data which actually is worth lots of money. (For example, if the previous release had a positive impact and increased fan-base, and such).

All in all, for a company which relies a lot on selling to people which already know Kemco, this data is actually worth lots of money, and helps them direct efforts (specially on translations).

Now, for a dark example. Imagine the number of pre-registers and sales are decreasing as of late. You can then do a linear progression (with a simple AI model or manually), to determine when they should say “from this point onwards, we won’t do english versions anymore, because those will give little to no profit”, or find out when to fire a particulary expensive translator.

……………For short, analytical data is worth a lot of money.

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Abdu Sharif
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying it, this does make sense and is better than any reason I could think of since I always thought preregistration was just a notification to tell registering players when a game releases.

Uninvented
    Participant

Abdu, me too! Lol. I always thought the pre-registration was like a reservation, or for virtual games, a way to count which store, or which region, should get the release sooner than others based on interest. I’m sure advertising and go-to-market expenses are outrageous. Pre-registration could help determine which store may make the quickest money, the biggest profit, and which platform/operating system may need the most adverting.  Things like translation and  interest would have never crossed my mind. Yikes! Hope we never get “the axe.”

It does make me wonder if that’s why their games increased from $3-4 USD to $8 for the last releases. Maybe they saw an upward trend in purchases and fan-base, and figured they could make more money?

That’s some pretty smart stuff you got going on there, Jesusalva! You must be an insider. Thanks for sharing that knowledge. Always good to learn new stuff.

Laura

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,732 Forums: 122 Topics: 1,292 Replies: 8,658