Forums Kemco Games Kemco Chat steam or android

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jesusalva 2 months ago.

awesomegamerlife
    Participant

hello, should I buy kemco games on steam(PC) or android?

which is better than the other?

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I suggestandroid because the games were designed around a mobile device. Andeoid also gets 1st dibs on games that get translated meaning that Android has “exclusivity” for a month.

But in the end, it all depends on personal prefrence.q

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    awesomegamerlife
    Participant

are the steam ports remastered HD?

Nemomon
    Participant

Not to mention that Android games are generally cheaper than their Steam counterparts, so there is no really any reason for not buying the games there. Maybethe only one would be Android upgrades, but I don’t think anytime soon anybody will switch to Android 10…

Victar
    Participant

It seems like a lot of people are used to playing turn-based RPGs with smartphone controls, but I’m not and never will be.

I tried Doom and Destiny Advanced on a smartphone. It was so easy to select the wrong menu option, and smartphone controls to simply move the party around felt slow and awkward. I gave up and bought the game again on Steam.

So, I’ll vote for team Steam, or better yet team console. The higher prices are worth it when it’s faster and easier to play the games – time is money.

Favorite Exe-Create Games: Journey to Kreisia; Revenant Saga
    Favorite Hit-Point Game: Justice Chronicles

Mastertrek

@victar, you’re right 🙂  But different people can prefer different styles of play although there are games that are best played using mouse/keyboard (I can’t imagine playing FPS games using Touch Screen of any type.. ). Some turn-based games are better to play on Touch Screen, especially those specifically designed for mobile phones. Everything depends on the game you want to play.

Welcome 😇

Jesusalva
    Participant

spoiler

I never saw a single Steam game which didn’t had a cracked version lying on the web, and Kemco games are no exception.

Every KEMCO game released on Steam, have the same version in some sort of pirate site or other.

That’s why I do not support steam.

By the way, newer games are being made on Unity. Monochrome Order, for example. Technically they must be ported to Android, so yeah, new times.

I guess they don’t want the cost of keeping up with Android 10, so leaving compatibility concerns to a third-party is an interesting move.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I buy android because when I play games on my laptop, they crash in about 45 mins.

I lost a lot of progress in Trails in the Sky due to a crash. Somehow, that worked in my favour as I needed to get back to work on my university assignment. I just ended up reading a let’s play instead.

Plus I dislike M+K for RPGs and I will prefer controller over M+K.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Jesusalva
    Participant

I buy android because when I play games on my laptop, they crash in about 45 mins.

All Unity games I play on my computer freeze and die whenever I click outside the window. But I’m a save maniac (I tend to try to save the game every ~3 minutes in average, some save folders have over 500 savefiles because I rarely override, and sometimes copy the whole SaveGame folder to keep savefiles I’ll never load again).

I’m not sure what M+K* is, but one thing I hate, is touch-based movements. Specially because I have fat, heavy fingers. Although having to select menu options with the Controller (like Journey to Kreisia, iirc) is even more annoying.

I usually prefer the Android version, but without the controller it is annoying enough to make I rage-quit.

*: If it is Mouse+Keyboard, then that’s plain bad game design; I’m pretty sure most game design manuals say you should aim at making a desktop game fully playable using only one of those

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 647 Forums: 128 Topics: 1,575 Replies: 10,401