Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Legend of the Tetrarchs Drop Rates in Legend of Tetrarchs: a test

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 2 months ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Drop rates appear to be very low, so I did an experiment with just one monster, the Cerberus found in the abandoned underground path.  I equipped Asagi with a fully strengthened Rogue Dagger which adds 5% to the drop rate.  I fought a number of battles and Asagi killed 303 Cerberus in total. (All other characters defended, so only Asagi was responsible for all attacks.)

I then used the binomial theorem to do a simple test: assume that the true drop rate here is only 1%, then adding Asagi’s 5% increase, we estimate how many drops to expect in the 303 trials.  Of course the expected value is 18, but in my test there were only 8 drops of the Wolf Fang.  The binomial theorem shows that the probability of getting 8 or fewer drops if the true drop rate is 6% is about .005.  It is 99% probable that there would be more than 8 drops.  In fact, it appears that the drop rate for this data is around 2%.  This means that the weapon bonus of 5% drop must not be activated, and the drop rate for this Cerberus is probably 2%.

[Note: I assume that the drop rate is per monster, not per battle, so if there are 4 Cerberus killed in a single battle, it is possible that 4 items could be dropped.]

Older, but not wiser

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  1oldtymer.
    Luther
    Participant

Agree, this seems not going well. I tried the max equip drop rate and treasure about 60% but 5 times encounter still got zero.

CoarseDragon
    Participant

Do you only get one dagger so you can try with two characters and see what does to drop rate?

1oldtymer
    Participant

Do you only get one dagger so you can try with two characters and see what does to drop rate?

You can only get 1 dagger.  But really, the drops you can get that can be stacked are extremely limited (Wolf Fang and Mystery Mucus are the only ones that I found useful.  The others are minor additions to attack when fighting different types of monsters, and are of little use.).  Other drops are one only, so drop rate really doesn’t matter much.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  1oldtymer.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 509 Forums: 122 Topics: 1,408 Replies: 9,223