Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Legend of the Tetrarchs Please help with the last boss, Jess

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LemmyTheLenny 5 months ago.

Travelman31
    Participant

Hello everyone, long time no see!  Playing this game and it was pretty easy until I got to Jess’s second form.  I can even kill Jess in the second form 9 times out of 10 but s/he revives and has a shield of 20 and it seems I have to hit the boss 20 times before I can do damage.

I have high levels too, 65.

What team did you use?  Carmina?  Any hints to take this boss out?  (I am on the main game, not post game, btw).

Thanks!

Recently beaten since April 1: Sephirothic Stories (android, kemco), Soulblazer (snes, arpg), Seek hearts (android, kemco), Super Metroid (snes), Legend of Tetrarchs (android, kemco), Castlevania 4 (snes), Actraiser (snes), Demons Crest (snes, platformer), Holy Umbrella (snes, platformer), Arcana (snes rpg)
    (Updated May 6)

Kemco games I still need to beat: (2) Dragon Lapis, Dimension Cross

1oldtymer
    Participant

Hello everyone, long time no see!  Playing this game and it was pretty easy until I got to Jess’s second form.  I can even kill Jess in the second form 9 times out of 10 but s/he revives and has a shield of 20 and it seems I have to hit the boss 20 times before I can do damage.

I have high levels too, 65.

What team did you use?  Carmina?  Any hints to take this boss out?  (I am on the main game, not post game, btw).

Thanks!

Here is what I posted elsewhere, but it probably isn’t much help.  If you can outlast the shield, you can win, but it isn’t easy.

I don’t recall all the specific battles (but the last few battles were tough), but I believe I used similar tactics for all of them. My party was Lloyd (Sentence Arrow for both power and removing a buff), Eileen for healing (or Ice Point if you can), Chloe for Force Field or Battle Song (or healing if required), and then almost anybody, but I used Asagi because he had substantial SP recover, so he could either attack with True Moonset, use an item, just plain attack, etc. If the enemy uses the blocking shield, have everybody either plain attack, defend, or heal until the shield is removed. Make sure Lloyd has enough SP for when the shield goes down he can use Sentence Arrow (maybe even for two turns if you can). If Lloyd isn’t available, then use somebody with the most damaging skill you can find.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  1oldtymer.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Travelman31
    Participant

Thanks, that ended up helping and I beat it the same day you replied.  Jess was for sure the hardest boss.  The post-game last boss was much easier!

Decent game, I suppose.

Recently beaten since April 1: Sephirothic Stories (android, kemco), Soulblazer (snes, arpg), Seek hearts (android, kemco), Super Metroid (snes), Legend of Tetrarchs (android, kemco), Castlevania 4 (snes), Actraiser (snes), Demons Crest (snes, platformer), Holy Umbrella (snes, platformer), Arcana (snes rpg)
    (Updated May 6)

Kemco games I still need to beat: (2) Dragon Lapis, Dimension Cross

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Tyger7
    Participant

I leveled up to 70s to beat Jess final form. I was low 60s and got demolished. Indeed Lloyd/Chloe/Eileen seem the best Characters to survive. I also use Win but I don’t think he is essential. I just like the green hair.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Same for me but I used Asagi instead. I may consider dropping him out for Sylvia because Eileen has skills that cause freezing and Sylvia can take advantage of that with her “Break” skill.

If anything, Chloe and Eileen are crutch characters. Lloyd I just stuck the 80% attack Carmina on him and had him attack every turn. Also, I was in the low-60’s when I killed Jess.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 577 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,488 Replies: 9,844