Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Legend of the Tetrarchs White Pancho almost invincible?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  J. D. Guy 5 months ago.

Tyger7
    Participant

I know it can be killed, but literally I’ve been auto battling him for a half hour and 99% of my attacks do 0.  I just don’t get it why they made it so annoying to fight !

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I haven’t gotten to him yet but it sounds like you’ll need Eileen and Sylvia. Sylvia has an attack that ignores DEF if the target is frozen. Following that, get Eileen to freeze the enemy first and then Sylvia follows up with her Break.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

JRPGHero
    Participant

I beat this last night when I couldn’t sleep after a few tries. I didn’t auto battle, so this was a bit challenging but satisfying when I finally great it.

My party was Chloe, Lloyd, Asagi, and Elaine.

The key to my strategy was equipping Asagi with the Carmina “Lopping Off” so that he could normal attack & get rid of the Pancho’s Invincible status. I also had him use Landslide sometimes & Elaine use her first ice attack to lower defense. Elaine was also equipped with the Villian ring that does more damage to bosses & also the sword you get while looking for the spirit tree (I also strengthen it to +3.)

As for Chloe, her big revive from the dead spell “True something”  ( I forget what it’s called) was super useful as well as her Force Field & Healing spells. Equip at least two characters with instant revive Carminas too and have Lloyd balance using Sentence Arrow, normal attacks, & Second Coming when needed.

JRPGH

2 users thanked author for this post.
    J. D. Guy
    Participant

I beat this last night when I couldn’t sleep after a few tries. I didn’t auto battle, so this was a bit challenging but satisfying when I finally great it.

My party was Chloe, Lloyd, Asagi, and Elaine.

The key to my strategy was equipping Asagi with the Carmina “Lopping Off” so that he could normal attack & get rid of the Pancho’s Invincible status. I also had him use Landslide sometimes & Elaine use her first ice attack to lower defense. Elaine was also equipped with the Villian ring that does more damage to bosses & also the sword you get while looking for the spirit tree (I also strengthen it to +3.)

As for Chloe, her big revive from the dead spell “True something”  ( I forget what it’s called) was super useful as well as her Force Field & Healing spells. Equip at least two characters with instant revive Carminas too and have Lloyd balance using Sentence Arrow, normal attacks, & Second Coming when needed.

I hadn’t realized this until I fought the post-game final boss, but moves that remove Strengthen Effect do work in getting rid of Bale, I wish I had realized this sooner. It’d have made the final boss and White Poncho battles much easier. Normally, Bales are removed by attacking the enemy with Bale up with damage-dealing physical attacks or Skills a number of times equal to their Bale counter, which decreases with every hit (even if it won’t deal damage, though other effects still go through). The final boss casts a 20-counter Bale in the second half, and White Poncho and the post-game final boss have Carminas that trigger every other turn or so (the latter in the second half of their battle, too). This means that normally, you’ll need character with skills that damage more than once, like Eileen’s Ice Point or most Sylvia’s of attacks. Barring that, you’ll need one of those Strengthen Effect-removing Skills or Carminas. Piercing Defense Skills don’t work, from what I have noticed.

In addition to the Carmina Lopping Off, another Carmina called Punish Prevent (not sure if you get it right before or right after White Poncho) will remove 2 Strengthen Effects whenever a Critical Hit is landed. Perfect for Asagi. Lloyd’s Sentence Arrow Skill also works wonders, which is what I was doing against the final bonus boss once I discovered it worked. There might be other Skills that remove Strengthen Effects from their targets among the party that I’m not recalling.

Without those, you’ll have to rely on attacking the Bale counter down. With White Poncho and the final bonus boss, it means perfect timing to get the Bale down and deal massive damage within the 2 turns you’ll need to do it before it is likely to get renewed. Doable, but considerably harder and more luck-based.

(I also do not recommend fighting bosses or boss-tier Quest Enemies with Auto-Battle. You need to have control over your party and it doesn’t really help the player learn the ins and outs of each character and how they work together.)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Nemomon
    Participant

I actually beat the true final boss on auto battle, but first I leveled up all of my characters to lvl 99. A few times a character was killed, but in the end I managed to win that battle. It took like 10-15 minutes to finish, though.

J. D. Guy
    Participant

I actually beat the true final boss on auto battle, but first I leveled up all of my characters to lvl 99. A few times a character was killed, but in the end I managed to win that battle. It took like 10-15 minutes to finish, though.

Ah. I wasn’t that hardcore, honestly. (And I guess you meant all the characters you used. The late comers were pretty underleveled compared to my overleveled party, so they never caught up past Asagi.)

Nemomon
    Participant

Ah. I wasn’t that hardcore, honestly. (And I guess you meant all the characters you used. The late comers were pretty underleveled compared to my overleveled party, so they never caught up past Asagi.)

Actually Len was the last one to reach the lvl 99 (but we all know why). Since he was a permanent part of my team, I had to level up him anyway, and in the meantime others also reached their max. But yeah, when we are given new characters they really are underleveled, but at that point of the game we already have overleveled Len, Wien and Asagi to kill everything for us ;).

J. D. Guy
    Participant

Actually Len was the last one to reach the lvl 99 (but we all know why). Since he was a permanent part of my team, I had to level up him anyway, and in the meantime others also reached their max. But yeah, when we are given new characters they really are underleveled, but at that point of the game we already have overleveled Len, Wien and Asagi to kill everything for us ;).

In fact, I think the Level the new party members join you at are meant to be the Levels you’re “supposed” to be in the game at the time you get them. Granted, it’d have made a lot of the game harder and more tedious if I wasn’t overleveled past those boundaries, but still.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 791 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,793 Replies: 11,584