Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Legna Tactica Ok I don’t get it

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Travelman31 5 years ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I realize some people have probably already beat this game, but I’ve just gotten around to playing and I’m about an hour and a half in.

As usual, it seems to be really heavy on dialogue, although I’ll bet it’s got a good enough story (most Kemco games usually do).

But I don’t get the tactics part. Are different unit types strong/weak against different enemies, or do they have different move and attack range? Because pretty much every battle so far, all I’ve done is just gang up on the few enemies closest to me, and then move on the next one.

I guess I don’t really have a good strategy, so if anyone has any advice, I’d love it.

All your base are

Azyleo

Normal mode has no strategy involved. Hard core is where you are tested. Enemies move more than 4 blocks, their turns come faster, and your dead if they gang up on YOU ( yeah the AI gets smarter)

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Ah I see. I didn’t even realize there were different difficulty settings. (facepalm)

I’ll try a bit on Hard mode and see if I like it better.

All your base are

Azyleo

No no! The difficulty changes on newgàme+(After Completing the game
    One time). That difficulty is so good lol

I should answer your above question about units though( the best I can).

From what I know And What I have Played double tapping an enemy brings up the statistics menu( here all weakness, strengths, attributes, movements, parameters and even skills are shown). Using this makes you see what the enemy can do before hand. For example an enemy having 20 in fire will have less fire defense than the enemy having 120-150 in fire. Similarly Archers and Sorcerer’s are very weak against physical attacks. Human enemies all in all are weak though, there attributes aren’t much. Demons and Beast however have terrain advantages. For example Wolfs have High Speed and Accuracy on grasslands in Contrast to Snow. Similarly taking an Ogre can kill you easily, And are a pain to kill because of their very high Def parameter physical attacks are useless and their counters hurt alot aswell, however they are very weak to Elemental Damage( Physical Elemental….. Not so much. Magical works best).
    Taking Flying Monster into accounts are hard to hit physically ( mostly misses) however Ranged attacks work very well against them. Flying enemies dont have terrain advantages except for the fact that can fly over boulders and big areas rather fast( Like they can fly over a wall in one only one block while you have to take the round about way and waste a turn following it)

Basically every area has an advantage and mostly the enemies have it.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Thanks for helping to clear it up. I gave the game a good 2 or 3 hours; I just can’t get into it. Maybe I’ll try again some other time (after I’ve played all the other Kemco games I’ve bought, but haven’t got around to yet) 🙂

All your base are

Cho
    Participant

Woohoo, I dig this necrothread! B)

Normal mode has no strategy involved. Hard core is where you are tested. Enemies move more than 4 blocks, their turns come faster, and your dead if they gang up on YOU ( yeah the AI gets smarter)

I doubt the “AI gets smarter” part.
    I’d rather say that for me normal mode first playthrough was more challenging (with the little exception of some boss battles).
    When you start Hard mode: you already know tactics, enemies “tricks”; you enhanced with TCP staff (Booster Functions included).
    Rogwalk may annihilate the whole battlemap for 1-2 turns. Enemies just can not survive 2 full power Ragnaroks per turn (with Slaughter Ring & Master’s Ring equiped).

Travelman31
    Participant

Woohoo, I dig this necrothread! B)

I doubt the “AI gets smarter” part.
    [/quote]

Ya, that is bull. There is some strategy needed in normal mode, especially the last few battles.

Recently beaten since April 1: Sephirothic Stories (android, kemco), Soulblazer (snes, arpg), Seek hearts (android, kemco), Super Metroid (snes), Legend of Tetrarchs (android, kemco), Castlevania 4 (snes), Actraiser (snes), Demons Crest (snes, platformer), Holy Umbrella (snes, platformer), Arcana (snes rpg)
    (Updated May 6)

Kemco games I still need to beat: (2) Dragon Lapis, Dimension Cross

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 994 Forums: 137 Topics: 2,001 Replies: 12,204