Forums Kemco Games World Wide Software Link of Hearts This game has some good plot twists

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 3 years ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Ok I’m not really far (I don’t think) but I’m really enjoying this game. (1st time playing it)

It reminds me in many ways of Eve of the Genesis – simple story, easy battles, short dungeons, very “basic” RPG. Well the story’s a bit more complex than EotG, also characters are more likeable – so maybe it’s like one step up from that game. Fun, quick game, though without much of a challenge.

But, if you like good stories, you should check this game. It’s got at least one plot twist (Moonlings) that I honestly did not see coming. Also the dialogue is really good (well so far at least)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

1oldtymer
    Participant

Yes, it was ok to play, as you indicate, but not really more than that.

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I actually prefer this type of game to the newer ones.

My only complaint is that the D-pad is so small it’s hard to move sometimes, and the NPCs are constantly moving around so it’s really hard to speak to them all.

I don’t really mind that the random encounters can all be Auto’d, especially since the Boss battles are a bit harder (no strategy required, they just take a long time to kill.)

Still it’s not phenomenal; however I do think it’s worth playing (particularly if you enjoy the older Kemco games like Eve of the Genesis, Symphony of Eternity, etc.)

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Ok, I just started Blaguza Tower, and now it’s a bit more interesting. The tower is somewhat maze like (hopefully in a good way, and not like the dungeons in Alphadia), and I can no longer simply Auto every random encounter.

So hopefully this means the game is about to get better.

1oldtymer
    Participant

I don’t know if your approach to these games is like mine. I usually avoid grinding until some monster forces me into it (might be in the arena, might be final boss, etc.). I think I get a better appreciation of just how tough a monster is by losing to it and gradually finding out just what is needed for victory. In Link of Hearts, as I mention in my review, I wasn’t at high levels at all at the end of the normal game. In fact, I was a little surprised 😳 at just how much tougher the post game boss was.

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

My approach may even be worse than that – I often don’t even think about the skills I have set, or using buffs or debuffs etc. Most of the time, in most of the games, Auto works pretty well (save for the few Exe Create games where even Easy is actually Hard…) And usually only the last few Boss battles actually need a real strategy.

So I was very pleased to have some tougher battles in Blaguza Tower – although I’m shocked at how much harder the first Boss in here is! I thought for sure he was gonna kill me until I mentioned that I knew 1oldtymer, and then he just rolled over and let me through? 😆 (Actually it was a good battle.)

1oldtymer
    Participant

Yep, I too was a little surprised when what I call a “mini boss” showed up just like a random monster. I do suggest, however, that if you knock on Bandismor’s door, and he asks for the password, that you NOT use my name 🙂

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Just got to the Forest of No Return and got owned by the boss. I fought him at level 33 and he laughed in my face and spit in my eye.

I’m gonna grind several levels, and come back and give him what for.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Don’t overgrind (grinding is slow in this game). I finished the game (not the post game) at lev 45. Of course eventually I needed to double that.

The game is strange that way: you sail along, no problem, and suddenly some monster is much tougher than what you expect.

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

The game is strange that way: you sail along, no problem, and suddenly some monster is much tougher than what you expect.

Oh tell me about it. It’s crazy.

Against the Forest boss… it turned out I bought new gear in the nearest town, but I, um, well… somehow I forgot to equip it… :whistle:

I wound up grinding to 36, before I realized my mistake. Then entered the battle, used Analysis, then force closed the app to reload and set everyone’s skills. It was a long and gruelling match but in the end I wore him out.

Now facing the first boss in the volcano, and it looks like I need a strategy for this one as well (and I suck at strategy!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 641 Forums: 128 Topics: 1,572 Replies: 10,388