Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Mystic Chronicles Mystic Chronicles for PSP/Vita is going away when Sony's digital stores close

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sakura 1 week ago.

Victar
    Participant

Sony is officially shutting down its digital stores for PS3, PSP, and Vita/Vita TV in the summer of 2021.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/448114/playstation-store-for-ps3-ps-vita-and-psp-officially-shutting-down-this-summer/

Since Mystic Chronicles (specifically the English translation; maybe the Japanese-language mobile title still exists under the name Fantasy Chronicles?) is a digital-only game, sold only on the PSP/Vita digital store as of this writing, that means it’s going away.

I hope Mystic Chronicles comes to other platforms, but since Natsume had a hand in it, I’m concerned that rights-holding issues could prevent that.

End of Serenity on the PSP/Vita digital store is also going away, but I assume the version of that game titled “End of Aspiration” will continue to exist on Google Play/App Store/Amazon.

Mystic Chronicles may become unavailable for purchase as soon as July 2, 2021. It will definitely be unavailable by August 27, 2021. Re-downloading it will be possible if it’s purchased before the digital stores are shut down.

Purchasing anything off the PS3/Vita digital stores can be tricky. Sony allegedly permits it only through a PS3, Vita, or Vita TV device (not through websites on PC) and I encountered some technical hassles trying to buy End of Serenity before the deadline. Supposedly using a Playstation gift card to create a store balance can be a workaround for any problems with purchasing stuff.

Favorite RPG of all time: Journey to Kreisia (by Exe-Create)

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by  Victar. Reason: fixing hyperlink
    Sakura
    Participant

While the psn store versions are disappearing, every psp game is available on the web and can be played on an emulator (piracy and probably against the rules).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 891 Forums: 134 Topics: 1,926 Replies: 12,025