Dragon Lapis(Japan) I

Written by Zherk01

Forums Kemco Games Non-English Kemco Games Dragon Lapis(Japan) I

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LemmyTheLenny 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Zherk01
    Participant

Ho ho ho. I know that almost everyone, including myself, didn’t like Astral Force but I’m glad that we’re once again getting a portrait-oriented game again this time around made by Exe-Create.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kemco.execreate.lapis

It looks promising and portrait RPGs are actually a joy to play(DotQuest, Linear Quest, PostKnight, Dragon Quest games, etc) as based on my experience on those games I can comfortably play them with one hand(especialy with my 4.5″ phone but its also comfortable with my 5.5″ and 6″ phones). I also like that Exe-Create went back to the traditional pixel sprite graphics as I’m getting tired with that modern style of theirs. I’m hyped for this and I hope the content at least last for more than 8 hours (I’m looking at you Dragon Sinker) and preferably 15-20 hours long.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Unlucky Hero

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

• This topic was modified 47 years ago by .
    1 user thanked author for this post.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Err… I’m not a fan of the portrait-mode layout… but, I did really love Dragon Sinker… If you play the Japanese version you’ll have to let me know your thoughts on the overall gameplay, in case this game does find its way to the English-speaking world. 😛

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Zherk01
    Participant

I do have the game right now but I’ll be off to vacation in three hours… and I’m still on my phone… and I haven’t pack yet… but no worries though cause I bought Illusion of Phalcia, I think that is more important than clothes, lol. I’ll see if I can squeeze a quick play and leave a comment here if I can’t then I’ll be back in a week.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Unlucky Hero

Overdrive
    Participant

Well, if it makes you feel good, I recently played through L’Phalcia and found it to be one of the more enjoyable Kemco games I’ve played. The characters seemed to have a bit of personality, the engine was a slight improvement over Alphadia Genesis, the difficulty was more consistent (for example, AG started out laughably easy and then had a huge spike or two as the game progressed, while this one has a more gradual and consistent rising of difficulty) and didn’t have as much stuff that feels like padding that some Exe-Create games have. And I liked the strategy of having optional boss-caliber enemies scattered through the overworld that you can fight to get both IAP points and occasional equipment that can be REALLY good.

The only real complaint I had was that the post-game/true ending stuff seems really lazily implemented, where you just go to dungeons you’d already cleared, fight the same monsters you fought before and sometimes get a new boss. Haven’t finished that yet, though, so there might be more later on. I’m hoping for at least one new dungeon for the final boss of this ending.

Zherk01
    Participant

Huzzah, so I’m back earlier than expected. I’m supposed to stay for 3 more days on my Uncle’s beach resort but it is seriously scorching hot that I felt like it just not worth it even though I get free services, food and drink. Anyhow, I played the game while I was there for a bit and here is my brief thought.

Controls:
    There are three type of controls just like on most Exe games, the touch control, the fixed V-pad and the kinda annoyingly weird floating V-pad(kinda similar to Greedy Caves floating V-pad control). I used the fixed V-pad as I think it is the best one for the one-hand portrait mode of the game, it is very similar to Dragon Quest port control so I’m at home right at the get go.
    Screenshot_20170412-041708
    As I said earlier portrait-mode rpgs are simply comfortable to play in one-hand and do note that I played it on a 5.5″ phone. The controls for combat is also very one-hand friendly as everything you have to touch is placed near the bottom of the screen.
    Screenshot_20170412-042016

Gameplay:
    I like that you can name your character(and your party members once you get them) and this time around I have a feeling that Exe is trying to really make you feel that you’re the MC as just on the brief moment that I played I was already given a lot of reply choices.
    Screenshot_20170412-041440
    Neat. As most Exe-Create usually cling with Anime-ish tropes when it comes to their Characters and their interactions with each other.

There are a lot of aspect in the game that I cannot explain as I’m not really a fluent reader of Japanese. But this one intrigues me the most:
    Screenshot_20170412-042240

I was a little disappointed when I got in a battle and the hero and enemy is facing each other like your traditional kemco games. I was really hoping that its gonna be a first-person combat like on Dragon Quest and Astral Force. The battle is pretty smooth though so no real complain out there.

Graphics:
    Might be the second aspect of the game that might turn on or off players aside from the orientation of the game. If you’re a fun of sharp and colorful graphics similar to Exe-Create’s modern style then you might not like this at all but if you don’t mind going back to 90’s then you’ll appreciate this little throwback.

Overall I like the game and is hoping that we get this out of Japan very soon but I have a feeling that Exe-Create is riding the Dragon Quest hype atm and wants to cash in on the long time fans of the game and is looking for a quick fix of the traditional style of Dragon Quest. If this does get out of Japan and is at least 10 hours long I’ll be the happiest man in the world.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Well all your info has me intrigued… I’m also looking forward now to a future English release. 😀

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I think they’re using the FFX’s Sphere grid system where you had to gain gems from enemies and use them to learn new skills. Just by looking at it, i am already having high hopes for Dragon Lapis.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.