Battle basics

Written by MSG Commander

Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Onigo Hunter Battle basics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster
    Battle screen

In every battle, it shows your party’s HP on the top right, and the enemy’s HP (and I think their Element?) on the top left. As the enemy’s HP goes down, the green circle next to their name will change colors, from green to blue to yellow to red.

When it turns red, you can try to capture that enemy. (All party members have their own “capture” skill, so you can keep trying with everybody until you succeed.)

Sometimes the circle will turn red but the enemy will still have enough HP that it’s harder to capture (or at least, it seems that way to me.) So you can take a chance and attack the enemy 1 or 2 more times, and then try to capture again (as long as you don’t kill the enemy in the process.)

Also, when you capture an enemy they go into your “roster” on the bottom left corner. If you click the picture of the guy with what looks like the sun behind him, you can release an enemy. Doing so will change your party’s element for the remainder of the battle. (I’m not really clear on how or why you’d want to change the element so if anybody has good information on when to do this I’d appreciate it.)

NOTE: The “roster” makes it look like you can only hold 6 enemies at a time – but this is not the case. (I currently have 95 enemies – or “Onigoes” – in my inventory.)

Along with releasing enemies in battle, you also need to use them to craft different items and equipment (which will be covered in a separate topic).

Battle results screen

At the end of battle, you get Party EXP, Energy, and if you captured any enemies, Hunter EXP.

Party EXP levels up your party, and as your level increases you learn more skills.

Energy gained just replenishes your energy.

Hunter EXP is important, because as your Hunter rank goes up you can (among other things) store a higher maximum amount of energy! The starting max is 1,000 energy, but with each increase of your Hunter rank the amount goes up.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

• This topic was modified 47 years ago by .

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Auto Battle and Difficulty settings

I almost forgot, there are only two difficulty settings for the game: Easy, and Tough. I’ve tried them both. At the start of the game Easy is really pathetically easy, but Tough is manageable.

On either setting, if you set out to capture enemies in every battle then it’s going to take you a long time. (And catching every single enemy may not be worth it… I’m not sure yet but it looks like you only need to capture certain enemies for quests or for item crafting, so the only other reason to capture is for Hunter EXP – but you also get Hunter EXP for completing guild quests, and that might be all the EXP you need; I don’t know yet.)

Moving on… Like all Exe Create games, if you go to Tactics and then select Strategy, you can choose the default “Auto battle” settings. If you tap on “Bulk settings” and then “Fight strongly!”, then when you Auto a battle everyone will use their skills and magic:

Screenshot_2017-04-21-12-03-18

(And again, you’ll typically earn far more energy than you spend, so you’ll still come out ahead).

I’ve used Auto on Easy and Tough difficulty. Sometimes on Tough, I need to interrupt the Auto battle to heal somebody. Or sometimes I’ll interrupt it to try and capture the last enemy or something like that.

Point is, if you don’t want to fight through every battle and capture every last enemy – I’m pretty sure you can just use Auto except for the times when you need to capture something for a quest, or to craft an item.

Zherk01
    Participant

Elements is pretty useful actually

It really is kinda like pokemon

Yellow beats blue
    Blue beats red
    Red beats green

Element change doesn’t change the element of your elemental weapons though.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Unlucky Hero

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

1 user thanked author for this post.

Zakier
    Participant

Changing your element is useful when trying to capture enemies as well.

If you change your element to the same element as the monster you intend to capture, you can hit them with your hardest hitting skill and it won’t kill the enemy (this isn’t always the case and requires further testing. It may be elemental skills like rock or fire that do this but I’ve achieved it with other skills. )

Instead of killing the enemy it will stop at 1hp. So long as you’ve not poisoned the enemy or in some other way damage it again it will survive. This is the easiest way to have an onigo ready to be captured. Apply any items to the creature that increase capture chance and you’re nearly garunteed to succeed.

This is especially useful when trying to capture enemies for a guild quest that you can easily 1 shot.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Changing your element is useful when trying to capture enemies as well.

If you change your element to the same element as the monster you intend to capture, you can hit them with your hardest hitting skill and it won’t kill the enemy (this isn’t always the case and requires further testing. It may be elemental skills like rock or fire that do this but I’ve achieved it with other skills. )

Instead of killing the enemy it will stop at 1hp. So long as you’ve not poisoned the enemy or in some other way damage it again it will survive. This is the easiest way to have an onigo ready to be captured. Apply any items to the creature that increase capture chance and you’re nearly garunteed to succeed.

This is especially useful when trying to capture enemies for a guild quest that you can easily 1 shot.

Actually I remember reading in the Help section, something about the 1HP thing. So I think you’re right about that!

That’s cool; I’d only ever thought about changing elements to be stronger against boss battles. Good to know they also set it up so you can have a better chance of capturing the weak onigoes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.