Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Onigo Hunter Catalog Completion Gaps

This topic contains 33 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Drackeye 1 month ago.

3beez
    Participant

I’ve never used spreadsheets in my life so, I’m sorry I didn’t implement them sooner… lol… it just never occurred to me that it would be something people would want. 🤓

If it helps to share them, please feel free to do so.

Spreadsheets are awesome for creating tables and small databases. And math. However, these days I rarely use them for anything other than tables and lists for the games. For me, the “Sort” function is indispensable. I don’t know how you keep your game info straight without ’em! 😉

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    Islandi
    Participant

Guys, I have use @3beez‘s catalog as a database to create 3 Pivot Tables side by side for Item, Equipment and Magic (Crystal) crafting combinations.

You only need to set the filters. You can change the order of information displayed by right-clicking on the filter headers and dragging the fields.

3beez
    Participant

Nice work, Islandi!

Oh, and this is kind of important. I just realized that uploaded files have metadata in them. The metadata might include info one doesn’t want broadcast to the internet. It’s easy enough to get a “clean” copy to upload (at least for Windows 10. I have no clue about iOS). Here’s how:

Open ‘File Explorer’ and find the file you want to upload.
      Right click the file; select ‘Properties.’
      Click the ‘Details’ tab, and at the bottom, click ‘Remove Properties and Personal Information.’
      Choose to create a copy with all possible properties removed; click ‘OK.’

In the same folder as the original file, you should now have a clean copy. It will have the same title, but with…wait for it….’-Copy’ added to the title. THAT is the file you want to upload.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

The same technique works in windows 7: just right click on the file to get to Properties, then click “Details” and you will see the link that takes you to the create a copy without the personal info popup.

Older, but not wiser

Islandi
    Participant

Ok, I’ve done what 3beez mentioned and uploaded a “Clean copy” of the Crafting Combinations excel file.
    Thanks for reminding to remove personal info for uploaded files.

3beez
    Participant

Found one of the 2 missing monsters. #24: Dark Snake, Geshion Island. Found it on the penultimate screen in that dungeon; trap only, DRG, small; “Waits for it’s prey near to digested bones.”

Edit: I don’t think there is a #22. After getting this one, I got the 100% Catalog Completion achievement. But then again, after this second playthrough, I’m missing 3 treasures again, and the little dude at Satan Island still won’t let me pass.

• This reply was modified 49 years ago by .
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Unbelievable!! Finding that critter was tougher than beating some of the nastiest monsters in all KemcoLand.

I’ve tried using your spreadsheet to narrow the search for #22 and #24, and believe it must be in one of the lands before #26 (so that leaves out a few). I also did some counts by dungeon, and sure enough, Geshion and Seirei both looked odd to me (13 each, when I expected more). I set traps like crazy, but not in the right spot (too bad the final screen in Geshion didn’t have any clean bones, as I spent a lot of time there).

Good luck on #22, but I think we should build a statue of you already and set up here in the Forum.

Older, but not wiser

3beez
    Participant

hahahaha! No statue required. My preferred rewards are called “naps.” And I’ve already awarded myself for this…um….”feat of too much time on my hands.” Honestly though, I found the Dark Snake by accident. I did a second playthrough and just threw down traps in random areas as I went along; it was a total fluke that I nabbed the critter. Fluke….ugh. I hate those. I spent hours SYSTEMATICALLY searching…with a system, a plan. And a spreadsheet. (I do the same as you and compare the data for anomalies.) Somewhere at ExeCreate, a developer is “muhahaha-ing” our logical brains.

I think I might need another nap. Oh, wait, I’ve got to update the spreadsheet first. Then, a nap. Yep, now that’s a plan!

Hawksoup
    Participant
    • accidentally caught no. 22 with a trap set as a teleporting checkpoint.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    3beez
    Participant

Thanks, Hawksoup! With your help, I finally nabbed that ornery critter.  🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 462 Forums: 119 Topics: 1,360 Replies: 9,078