Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Revenant Dogma Basics

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Azyleo 5 years ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

This is what I know so far:

Party

It looks like you can have four members in your party – and you get all four of them pretty quickly. Each one seems to have their own strengths and weaknesses (but I’ve been playing on Normal and can Auto most battles – except Dragons! – so you probably don’t need to pay too much attention to this.)

“Classes”

At least 3 party members have the ability to transform in battle, to use a different job class. (So far I’ve unlocked Knight and Healer classes.) The classes have some specific skills, that you can only use while transformed.

Transforming affects your “Limiter” bar; when the bar is 100% you lose control of that person for 3 turns.

Skills

There’s only one type of “skill” in the game – Skill. (No magic, unison, etc.) Each member learns different skills as they level up (and also, different “Class” skills. i.e. Caine’s Knight skills are different from Fleon’s Knight skills and so on.)

See the Skill List for more info.

Dungeons

This is where it gets interesting. Each dungeon appears to have 3 “warp sigils,” one at the entrance, one at the midway point, and one at the exit/end. You have to find and activate each sigil, and then you can warp between them (so if you turn on the entrance sigil, then find the exit/end sigil and turn it on, you can warp directly to the start of the dungeon.) They had a similar thing in Grinsia, if I recall.

There’s also two types of treasure – regular, one-time only treasure (that seems to be weapons/armor), and “Spirit chests” which are randomly generated each time you enter the dungeon, and will always be in different locations and possibly contain different items.

Weapons

See Customizing Weapons for more info.

Okay, reinforcing weapons. You can boost the weapon’s Base ATK using Crystals. It looks like you get a better “boost” if you go to a blacksmith in town, however you can use the crystals from the main menu to boost the ATK at any point in the game.

For example, a Normal Crystal (S) description:

Increases ATK. Effect: +30
    Smith Reinforce Effect: +42

To raise the weapon’s ATK requires a certain amount of EXP. I believe the “Effect +” refers to the EXP bonus that will be added to your weapon when you use that Crystal.

Each weapon also has slots for added effects.

If you have an empty slot, you can add an effect by using Ore. (Currently I have SP Ore, which slightly boosts SP, and Human Hunter Ore, which boosts damage to humans.)

When you add an effect, the % of the effect is completely random! I’m talking like, 1 time I added Bliss Ore and got Critical rate +18%, then immediately reloaded the game, added the same Ore, and got Critical rate +54%!

So, always save before you add a new effect!

Ores do not appear to be stackable. It looks like you can only add 1 Ore to 1 slot.

Also, take all of your old useless weapons to a Smith (blacksmith), and you can Break them to get crystals and ores (sometimes you get nothing.) The amount you get for breaking weapons may also be random; I haven’t tested this yet.

Difficulty Settings

Like Asdivine, there are four settings: Easy, Normal, Hard and Expert.

I’m playing on Normal and have made it to Story Quest 15 (which is about four hours of game time). Normal on Revenant Dogma is equivalent to Hard on Asdivine Menace (in other words, the random encounters in Normal are actually challenging. If I try to Auto every battle, somebody in my party ends up dead.)

Boss battles on Normal are quite challenging as well. You’ll probably want to have a lot of healing items, especially Small Medicine, Small Ether, and Full Care. (Full Care is the only way to remove abnormal statuses like Poison, Paralysis etc. You’ll want a lot of these potions.)

World Map

On the World Map, there’s a Teleport button, which allows you to instantly teleport to any town or village that you’ve already been to. (Of course, you have to be ON the World Map in order to use this feature.)

Also, I think it’s cool that the Map shows outlines of all the continents at the start of the game, and then as you travel from one location to the next, that part of the Map gets filled in with little bits of forests or mountains or whatever’s there.

All your base are

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Story

I’m only about 4 hours into the game, and I’m not going to give away plot details. Suffice it to say the story so far is interesting. There are the usual “secret” bad guys pretending to be good, but manipulating everyone behind the scenes. There are two races (which you learn in the first five minutes of the game anyway), humans and therians. One of your main characters is a therian. He’s pretty cool and also really good for comedic effect.

The dialogue so far is very well done. There are some lines that aren’t quite appropriate for younger players but nothing that’s really “dirty.” Just some, well, odd comments from the non-human.

I wouldn’t say the story really has any surprises so far, but the overall plot seems to be okay.

All your base are

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Now here’s a couple posts of “spammed” screen shots:

All your base are

MSG Commander
    Keymaster
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

And one more:

All your base are

Alev
    Participant

Thanks MSGCommander. Art is good. I’ll play this next. Lol. And might as well download it now. Is it connected to Revenant Saga? Coz if it does, also might as well play the prequel first.

Btw, how about weapon and armor crafting or skill build-ups? Or is it just like asdivine where your strengts is in your level?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Thanks MSGCommander. Art is good. I’ll play this next. Lol. And might as well download it now. Is it connected to Revenant Saga? Coz if it does, also might as well play the prequel first.

Btw, how about weapon and armor crafting or skill build-ups? Or is it just like asdivine where your strengts is in your level?

See this page for info on Customizing Weapons.

Skills don’t improve with repeated use – but even your base skills are often more powerful when your character is “Transformed.”

For more basic info, see the first message in this topic, or check the Hints and Tips page.

Also if you need more specific info on a certain aspect of the game, it’s best to start a new topic just for that subject.

All your base are

Alev
    Participant

I’ll put a few hours in on the free version to test the waters. Lmao. 😆

Joka
    Participant

Damn, if i didn’t check this site, i wouldn’t know Revenant Dogma is actually out, free in the google play…

The question i wanted to ask is, does this new game have any relation like the #2 series to Revenant Saga? :blink:

Just like Asdivine Menace was a sequel to Asdivine Dios

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Damn, if i didn’t check this site, i wouldn’t know Revenant Dogma is actually out, free in the google play…

The question i wanted to ask is, does this new game have any relation like the #2 series to Revenant Saga? :blink:

Just like Asdivine Menace was a sequel to Asdivine Dios

It’s not a direct sequel, although two characters from Revenant Saga do make an appearance (but that’s all I can say.) It’s more like the relation between Hearts and Dios – both in the same universe, but I don’t think you HAVE to play Saga before you play Dogma (although Saga is a good game, so you should play it sometime regardless).

The main thing is, it would help you understand more about the Revenants.

All your base are

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,033 Forums: 137 Topics: 2,023 Replies: 12,288