First Attempt for Location Walkthrough (incomplete)

Written by Jesusalva

Forums Kemco Games World Wide Software Silver Nornir First Attempt for Location Walkthrough (incomplete)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  3beez 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jesusalva
    Participant

Silver Nornir is a game which probably doesn’t needs a location walkthrough. Well, for most of it, anyways. But it’s a WAY TOO COOL game to don’t have one, so, now that I’m playing for the second time, I decided to write something. My humble, first attempt at writing a location walkthrough. If you haven’t noticed yet, it’s still far from complete. (I am replaying this game for fun, gimme a break! 😉 )
    Treasure chests are marked on the minimap. Use it to find them. Remember to use your limitless Home Thread (Items>Key) if you ever are in bad health. (It’s not an one-use item! Take care!)
    Directions are “what worked for me”, not “what’s correct.”
    Info might be wrong, specially on the start. I decided to write this tutorial just before the Volcano so… Anything before that is not really accurate.

Strategy for all boss monsters, unless explicitely noted is: USE YOUR SP MOVE.

Sealed Cave

The first area is mostly to get the hang of the game!
    First Screen
    Number of chests: 0
    Just go south.

Second Screen
    Number of chests: 1
    Keep going south.

Third Screen
    go south, then turn west. (follow the path)

Fourth Screen
    Just go south.

Fifth Screen
    Boss fight

Big Centipede

Just go east.

Sixth Screen
    Number of chests: 3
    Just go south.

Seventh Screen
    Boss fight

Secile
    Mount Oak

Just follow the path encircling the mountain. On second screen, there’s a path east, blocked by a boulder. It’s a part with post-endgame content, so, skip it and keep walking north, to encircle the mountain.

The Boss Fights
    Nivie Forest

Follow the path. There are lots of treasure chests, and to move, remember you want to go east.

First and Second Boss Fight
    Third Boss Fight
    Orle Village

Watch the cutscene, buy equipment, and go to Lorre Forest to continue your quest.
    I’m not going to tell you what to do on the town (unless there’s something special to do). Remember to check the cabinets on every town. Some of them have gold, and all can be open.

Golden City

This is the special for post-game, but when you have lots of leftover money (around 50K, easy if you have bought the “Item Master”) you’ll want to be buying the magic gems from here. When magic level equals 30 you receive a special skill, this can be obtained by a special gem which goes up to 30 (can only buy much later in game) or by buying 3 gems with same element.
    Buying 3 from the same kind is usually a bad strategy (No extra skills from level 11 to 29), but they raise level three times faster. As those slots are precious, by buying the gems here, you can have the “primary” element (eg. fire) are three others accessory elements (eg. light, wind and water).
    Meaning you’ll have 4 magics (out of 6) with a master fire skill.

Lorre Forest

Go west, then keep going north.

Enemies

First Screen
    Number of chests: 2
    There is one exit to north, and two to east.
    The exit to north is a dead end, without any treasure chest. East exits are more interesting.
    If you take the southmost one, you can explore the whole second screen for treasures. If you take the northmost east exit, you’ll be a second screen, but you’ll need to go south collecting treasures and then north to continue the forest.
    Second Screen
    Number of chests: 5
    Mostly a treasure area. Head north.
    Third Screen
    Keep going north.
    Fourth Screen
    When you have two ways to go, then, go North. Mostly path-following.
    Fifth Screen
    Boss Fight

Venus Mantrap

Once you’re done, watch the cutscene on Orle town. You’ll be heading to the mines next, but do visit Geed Village for treasure chests, gold on cabinets, and new equips.

Milhe Mine

Click on the carts to move quickly on the mines. Pull the switches to change the railing, try to avoid dead pits. If I recall correctly, the last switch doesn’t needs to be pulled.

Red Tears Desert

Maze
    For the maze part just follow the path with the cactus, as the cyborg said on previous town. (Move east to get out, or use home thread)
    Desert
    First screen.
    Follow the path to go northwest.

Second Screen.
    Number of chests: 6
    Follow the path to go southwest.

Third Screen.
    Boss fight

Cyborg B+

Just follow west, and you’re out!

Jenice Frontline

You start at commander deck, on the first floor (above ground). May be a little weird to browse, but not so hard. Do whatever you must do before talking to the Commander. Oh, more cutscenes.

Brief Word about Boss Fight

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

• This topic was modified 47 years ago by .
    1 user thanked author for this post.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Will you be doing the Maps?

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Jesusalva
    Participant

No, albeit there’s a forest I got lost a handful of times on first playthough (forgot the name, it’s on the middle), for that one I might consider doing it.
    For others, as minimap displayed is not the complete map (only surroundings) it would be rather troublesome

If you mean World Map, famouscrystal1417 posted here: https://www.rpginsanity.com/forum/game-length/18186-silver-nornir-game-length/#post-19297
    Except it does not tags locations (only dots).
    If you need, I probably could mark what location is each dot later – but for quick reference blue dots are towns, and red dots are battle places. (Having switched phone doesn’t helps, because this means now I have no savegame with complete worldmap D: )

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Looks pretty awesome so far! I actually gave up on Silver Nornir, probably pretty close to the end, because I kept getting beat by one of the bosses.

Spoiler

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Jesusalva
    Participant
    Meguido Volcano

When I got to this area my team was Level 32. Yes, because grinding SNP, I had Item Master equipped, and I also had the awesome magic gems from Golden Town… 😀
    if you have water magic gems take the opportunity to get S grade on fights (collecting SNP makes your life easier!)
    IMPORTANT: Lava is hot. When you enter volcano, the first chest contains an Ice Crystal. Use it to freeze lava. I advise to grab all treasures still on first visit, and always use the crystal when reaching the cave.

Enemies
    Screen 1Screen 2Screen 3Boss Fight
    Treasure list: Ice Crystal

Not much to see here. Just walk south-west.

Treasure list: Ice Crystal, Ice Crystal, Barrier Badge, Ice Crystal, Ice Crystal

Remember to use Ice crystal before venturing on lava. There are two crystals on the “starting” plataform. Another one on the middle.
    Just “follow the path”, taking detours to get the chests as you see them. You’re heading north, northeast if you want to be precise.

Treasure list: Ice Crystal, Sniper Seal, Apple Gum, Ice Crystal, Apple Gum

Here we start adding complexity: Moving on vines! They act like stairs. Climb the first one to get a chest, then walk right. You’ll find a fork on the road. You can go left, climb the vines, grab a chest, and then walk right, until you need to climb down the vines and end up facing the lava pit.
    Many chests awaits the brave, so take your time before climbing on another vine! Go northwest to climb the last vine, grab the last chests, and get ready for a boss fight. My team level was 36~37, meaning my strategy is even simpler.
    By the way, next screen is a boss fight. Yes, the recovery spot isn’t there for nothing! Are you ready?

Oh noes! It’s the Dragon, Wildfire, and it’s mad! Get ready for a…
    Boss Fight

Wildfire

You got a free ride to Altria! You should have enough Ice Crystals to use home thread and return but I like to save them. We know that Lord Osborne is going to attack Altria so, go back to previous screen, recover HP/MP, and, optionally, try to recover 100 TP to everyone. There’s no welcoming party at Altria but hey! You can get SNP here easier than at Altria!

Once ready, just talk with Cornet and you’re done here! You’re going to a boss fight, with a different team! 😀

Altria Kingdom

When you’re on the city, resist the urge of going left instead right – it won’t affect anything but… Aww…

Spoilers (Before getting to the city)
    Enemies
    Screen 0Screen 1Screen 2Other rooms
    Okay, just a joke here. Everything happens at the castle, which is at north of the city.
    Move right, then north, all buidings are locked. I’m starting to count once you enter the gates.
    Number of chests: 2
    Treasure list: Panacea, ?????
    Move north to the Throne Room to continue story.
    Treasure list: 0
    Boss Fight

Ogre / Midclass Ogre

Now, a rather lenghty cutscene. That’s it for now! Talk to cornet to start the next chapter… and I advise to give a look at the castle.

Treasure list: Elixir
    Behind the Throne room are the dorms and access to the walls.
    One drawer have an Elixir, and another battle will take place on the walls.
    Castle of Altria – Left Wing
    Treasure list: Elixir
    There’s a chest on the Library. Getting there is not tricky, just walk left and, when you can’t anymore, turn north. You’ll find the passage to the library, hugging the south wall.
    If instead of walking north you walk south, you’ll find the prison (underground). If you insist in walking south, you’ll encircle the castle!
    Castle of Altria – Right Wing
    Treasure list: Hi-Herb
    If you turn right, there’s a dormitory. Guess what? empty cabinets! If you insist in going right, you’ll end up encircling the castle, so go north.
    It’s the kitchen! Learn a little about Elena, and grab the treasure chest with the cook!

Now that you’re familiar with the castle layout, return to town, and RESUPPLY!

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

• This reply was modified 47 years ago by .

Jesusalva
    Participant

@MSG Commander

Spoiler title

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

1 user thanked author for this post.

3beez
    Participant

Hey, @jesusalva, it’s not pretty but I have a labeled world map. You’re welcome to use it, if you want:

Silver-Nornir-World-Map-Copy

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.