Forums Kemco Games Magitec Soul Historica No one played this yet?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Altair718 2 years ago.

Alev
    Participant

I’m playing Soul Historica right now. It’s a good game.

Nemomon
    Participant

It’s on my “to-do” list xD.

Azyleo

Played it. Be warned. Its slow, and the story takes quite some time to pick up. But it will really remind you of the SNES era in both, music and gameplay. Graphics are tad better, but not so much.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I played it a long time ago (like 10 or 12 games ago). 😆

I really enjoyed it. A few good surprised in the plot, and I liked the skill system with the different “boxes” or whatever they were called. Also if I recall there are like one or two dungeons that are a little challenging (one is covered with arrow tiles and elevators, and is a bit of a pain).

The most important thing is that the game has two different endings, and about halfway through, it tells you to save your data and then choose which path to follow. When this happens, save that game data in two separate slots, then use one save slot for the path you chose, and save the second slot for if you want to come back, and do the other path.

Otherwise you’ll have to start the whole game over from the beginning!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Alev
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll remember that. I’m actually quite enjoying it. It’s good to know I can ask someone for future reference. 😆

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Thanks, I’ll remember that. I’m actually quite enjoying it. It’s good to know I can ask someone for future reference. 😆

Don’t expect too much more from me; what I just shared is about all that I remember (besides you shouldn’t need a lot of help for this one, I don’t think.) 😛

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Nemomon
    Participant

Been gone for months, but in the meantime I beat this game (and Infinite Dunamis). I must say this game is pretty interesting, and to the very end we don’t know who is an ally, and who is a foe. They all change their allegiance so quickly. The world itself is pretty interesting too, and surely not too common in the other games. The only bad thing for me is that perhaps we too soon learn the truth about this world. Maybe the game should be a little longer, and allow us to admire that fantasy world for a little longer.

Also, I kind of not liked how the characters took all the weird words for granted without even asking what they all mean. While they all are understandable to us, and in fact sometimes we are smirking because we understand them too well, I’m pretty sure they’re pretty incomprehensible for characters that use swords and bows to fight. Although I think, the name – “Region of Imaginary Numbers” – should appear somewhere in the Asdivine series. The name fits that game pretty well.

I didn’t like the job classes. Too much hassle with them and too little gain. Although the idea of giving special classes (and special effects too) to items from the shop is pretty interesting. At least there is a reason to try to get them (to see what the special classes are). And the lanterns (except for gold ones) appear enough frequently so purchasing both special dungeons and some items isn’t too hard.

I only don’t like how reloading clear data forces me to play from the very beginning and what’s more with a reset level. 🙁 The only good thing about this is that with that we probably can get both endings in a single save slot. (for worth 500 premium points item). The item itself reminds me of another game – Radiant Historia. In fact I believe that the title “Soul Historica” comes from “Radiant Historia”. Which is a pretty solid game with a lot of twist too.

Travelman31
    Participant

Trying to remember this one. I beat it a long time ago. This game had damage (spike) floors and long, winding dungeons, no? It is a magitec game I think. Isn’t this the one where you choose three characters right away, such as a dragon and they all have different classes?

Recently beaten since April 1: Sephirothic Stories (android, kemco), Soulblazer (snes, arpg), Seek hearts (android, kemco), Super Metroid (snes), Legend of Tetrarchs (android, kemco), Castlevania 4 (snes), Actraiser (snes), Demons Crest (snes, platformer), Holy Umbrella (snes, platformer), Arcana (snes rpg)
    (Updated May 6)

Kemco games I still need to beat: (2) Dragon Lapis, Dimension Cross

Overdrive
    Participant

Trying to remember this one. I beat it a long time ago. This game had damage (spike) floors and long, winding dungeons, no? It is a magitec game I think. Isn’t this the one where you choose three characters right away, such as a dragon and they all have different classes?

That’s Covenant of Solitude. As for this one, I have it, but haven’t gotten to it yet. Just finished Asdivine Hearts (main game; not any post-game stuff) and started Silver Nornir.

Nemomon
    Participant

Yeah, in this game You have a lot of spiked floors, and some long dungeons, but most of them are pretty linear, and except the dungeon MSG mentioned, they’re pretty easy. The final dungeon might be the easiest dungeon ever.

As for the characters, here You have a guy who lost his girlfriend pretty quickly, and ignores the feelings of another girl that is with him all the time, day and night. And also there is one that keeps saying “Lord Nemesis this”, “Lord Nemesis that”, “be thankful Lord Nemesis spared your lives” and so on. Pretty annoying guy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 641 Forums: 128 Topics: 1,572 Replies: 10,388