Forums General Suggestion Box Profile Landing Page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jesusalva 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jesusalva
    Participant

@jesusalva ← I would like it to be reverted… 😳

I think it should display
    User Profile (aka /members/jesusalva/profile/)

Instead of
    User Activity (aka /members/jesusalva/activity/)

Also, if anyone is curious about activity, you can check RPGInsanity Activity to see a global overview of everything which happened 😛

Edit: While unrelated, do the @ names in topics need to be green? I mean, the same shade of green as “Online”? 😕

Sometimes you can mistake an offline user with an online user, specially if you are a color-oriented individual 😛 (You know, we do read the colors before the texts…)

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

3beez
    Participant

Where did you get the link for global activity? It’s pretty cool, but if I had to find this thread every time just to get the link, I’d probably never check it out. lol

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Adding all the Activity stuff (including @ mentions) makes user profile pages load that way now by default. It’s possible that I could change that, but I’d have to go digging through more template pages and altering code and I’m just not ready to do that at the moment.

As for the “Activity” page/feed – for now the easy way to get there is to just go into your browser address bar, shorten the URL to http://www.rpginsanity.com/ and then add the word ‘activity’ without quotes…

So: http://www.rpginsanity.com/activity

I need to think about where I want to add a link for that page, because it is publicly visible but I don’t want to purposely encourage visitors to the site to peruse member’s activity…

Speaking of which – ALL OF YOUR ACTIVITY is publicly visible – so no funny business or you’ll get blocked/banned/deleted (I shouldn’t have to put that out there, but just in case anyone gets any ideas…)

And the @ usernames don’t have to be green – I just wanted to go with a color other than black, so that they would stand out a bit and be easier to spot. And green was the best color I could come up with quickly. 🙂

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Jesusalva
    Participant

the @ usernames don’t have to be green – I just wanted to go with a color other than black, so that they would stand out a bit and be easier to spot. And green was the best color I could come up with quickly. 🙂

Then use purple! 😆

Or magenta, for that matter. Cyan also works. They’re shades of blue, which is not (very) used on this template (so yes, you can use blue too). Worst combination would be Red+Green (ie. Yellow and Orange shades)

Where did you get the link for global activity?

By accident, while @msg-commander was telling me to do my homework (which, by the way, I didn’t, and now it’s almost monday… oops.)

Speaking of which – ALL OF YOUR ACTIVITY is publicly visible

More less. Only new members, profile updates, friendship-related-stuff, updates (public message), topics and replies are publicy visible via the feed. Logins are also somewhat public because the Who’s Online. Anything outside this list (like private messages) are not. (Some are not displayed on the feed like thanks, but they’re public.)

As Google would have it… “Everything is private, but the things which are not, which is pretty much everything.”

Adding all the Activity stuff (including @ mentions) makes user profile pages load that way now by default. It’s possible that I could change that, but I’d have to go digging through more template pages and altering code and I’m just not ready to do that at the moment.

A pity. There is useful information on the default profile page eg. the latest game you’ve played.

Which, uhm, will also go to the activity feed, it’s just more neatly organized. :mrgreen:

Anyway, have you already eaten your KitKat? You must eat it and have a break before breaking stuff and giving away KitKats. In that order.

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.