Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Summon Mate Capture Compared to Creation

This topic contains 77 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 11 months ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

You can add monsters to your group in two ways, capture and absorption/creation.  Most monsters can be gained only by absorption.  Whenever you defeat a monster in battle, there is a chance you may be given the choice of adding the monster immediately to your active group (limited to 20) or to the standby group (apparently unlimited).   A standby monster can be moved to the active group.  You cannot “decline” to add the monster, so you must decide on “immediate” or “standby.”  If this is the first time you have the opportunity to add a particular monster, you should choose “No” (which will put the monster into standby).   While you can move a monster from standby to active, you CANNOT move from active to standby.  So don’t miss your chance to put a monster into standby. The active group is limited to 20 monsters, but standby appears to be unlimited.

[other incorrect info has been deleted from my original post]

Older, but not wiser

• This topic was modified 49 years ago by .
    Mastertrek

I started the game but I don’t see any options for Active or Standby, is it available only later in game?

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

The game will automatically ask you whenever you defeat a monster AND you were lucky enough (about 40%) to capture it.  Not all monsters can be so captured.   The wording will be a little different, but when it happens, you will know it immediately.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

You cannot see these lists of  standby characters except when you at the Shrine City, which you cannot reach until later in the game.  That is like some of the games where you must be at a particular place to change classes.  In Summon Mate you must be in Shrine City not only to create a new monster, but just to see who is in standby!  Any monster you capture and you answered the dialog with the “immediate” choice, will be placed in your character group and is visible as you scroll through your characters (just touch “Menu” to see what I call “active” characters–the game terminology is characters for which you have a “contract.”)

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Well, currently there’s only a choice to add it to party or reject the Monster entirely..

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Well, currently there’s only a choice to add it to party or reject the Monster entirely..

I think you are misunderstanding what the screen says.  What you think is reject in fact puts the Monster in standby.  You cannot actually reject–either it contracts immediately, or goes into standby, no matter the screen says.  Until you get to Shrine City, you can’t know the contents of the “standby” queue.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Oh, so if I see monster that wants to go with me or not, it actually asks about putting it into party or Somewhere I’m not even aware of, right? So I should always choose “No” Option, right?

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

So the Game actually makes a huge mistranslation at that screen..

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Oh, so if I see monster that wants to go with me or not, it actually asks about putting it into party or Somewhere I’m not even aware of, right? So I should always choose “No” Option, right?

Rught.  Sorry I didn’t explain it more clearly.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

So the Game actually makes a huge mistranslation at that screen..

There are many more weird translations.

Older, but not wiser

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 605 Forums: 126 Topics: 1,513 Replies: 10,110