Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Summon Mate Capture Compared to Creation

This topic contains 77 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 8 months ago.

Mastertrek

Another question : Why I should say No the first time I meet any monster? Does the first monster species that wants to go have anything more special than next “the same” monster encountered? So I guess I need to start over 🙁

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

You answer “no” only if you want to discover the “Details” menu item to make it easier way down the line when you start to create monsters using the “recipe.”  Some recipes are easy: mix say a devil and a slime.  Well, you likely don’t need any hints for that one.  But suppose the recipe calls for a devil and a type “fist.”  Types are invisible, so an obscure type, like fist, would be difficult to guess the proper monster.  The only place where “type” is visible is the “details” for the standby monsters.  Of course if you just use the posted list, none of this applies, and you can answer yes or no to the dialog question.

At any rate, I would not start over.  Many types can be guessed (say “Queen”) from the monster name (“Queen of the Sea”), and if you hit a snag, you can consult the list.

I’m continuing to update the list to clarify some of the odd Japanese translations that don’t align with the English in the game.  It turns out that monsters participating in the 9 special bonus battles CAN be captured even though they are “created” monsters (which is not true generally).  So I’m getting more accurate info for those (by sticking them in standby and using “Details.”)

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Well.. I started over.. And I can’t open the file so I don’t know anything that’s in there. And I don’t want to download anything for the file itself.. Oh, and Merry Christmas!

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

And can Bosses be Captured?

And how to make enemies get captured more often as after I got all monsters from first area I can’t get any monster from North Cave.. 

Welcome 😇

• This reply was modified 49 years ago by .
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Yes, most bosses can be captured.

You have a 40% chance to capture the LAST monster defeated in a battle.  Of course you cannot capture a monster if one is already in your group, or in your standby group.  Otherwise, as far as I know, there is no reason you can’t capture most monsters.  There are some that cannot be captured, or at least not until much later in the game or in the post-game.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

I tested the file, and I have no trouble downloading and opening it.  It is standard xlsx file.  I also tried “insert into contents”, but that really didn’t work–still required a download.  I’m not sure why the editor does that.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

So I guess I have to start once more as I didn’t see that info BEFORE beating the First Boss 🙁

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Or not. I see it can be created later on 🙂

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Oh, do you know which bosses can be Captured? Trying to do it with Suzaku.

And I think that in Dungeons, monsters are only captureable after beating the Boss in it.. 

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Oh, do you know which bosses can be Captured? Trying to do it with Suzaku.

And I think that in Dungeons, monsters are only captureable after beating the Boss in it.. 

You are correct that you must defeat the boss of a dungeon before you can capture the lesser monsters in it.

And Suzaku…that is a major exception to the typical game pattern.  As I recall, you are given hints that you will need to create a bird.  That is why you have that one spot of video that it is very useful to watch so that you can capture the monsters needed to create a Suzaku.  I don’t think you can capture it until later in the game, after you already have created one!  All the other video spots, while useful, aren’t as critical, but the Suzaku spot (I recall it is in Mirror Castle near the top of a screen, and probably not on the first floor) will save you a lot of time.  It is a pain to create a Suzaku via absorption, but once you need to get flying ability to unlock new dungeons, you just have to do it.

In general, if there is a recipe for a boss (all the recipes are on the bookshelves throughout the game–better take notes), it is unlikely you can capture it until the post game, except for the World Tree.    You need to contract with every monster–all 160–in order to unlock what I call the post-game dungeon.  By the way, the monsters in that dungeon can not be captured from that same dungeon.  That is why the game gets very dull, as it takes much longer to create the monsters than it does to just breeze through the game by creating only what is need to unlock all the dungeons.  I think Suzaku is just about the only boss you need to create for the unlocking, but you will need to create most monsters in order to get the 160.

If you cannot open the xlsx file, there is a link I’ve posted to a condensed recipe list.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 49 years ago by .
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 567 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,473 Replies: 9,557