Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Summon Mate What is the meaning of ‘plus numbers’ on monsters?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 1 week ago.

Weissritter
    Participant

I want to know the exact meaning of that + numbers.

First, I thought that shows some kind of additional status at starting or during level-ups. However, when I checked status at same level of +9 and +10, stats are same, and even some of them minused. So I got confused….

What’s the meanings of that number?

1oldtymer
    Participant

I found this in my notes. It is not my writing, but comes  from either the help or some wiki.

The monster gradually remembers the magic of absorption source and absorption destination that they remembered at the time of absorption.

Depending on the combination of absorption it changes to another monster.  When absorbing, the destination’s elements are reflected.

For example, if a Fire absorbs and Earth it will be Fire and Earth.

If a Fire absorbs a Fire it will be Fire 2.

But the opposite element will cancel it out.

For example, if a Fire 3 absorbs a Water, it will be Fire 2. But monster specific elements can not be reduced.

In other words, if it is originally Fire 3, even if it absorbs Water, it is still Fire 3.

After absorption, the monster returns to level 1. However, the absorption source and the absorption destination’s status are reflected slightly. As the absorption is repeated, the reflection value increases. If a monster is +99, it can not absorb any more.

The + value after absorption is obtained by “+ value of absorption source” + “+ value of absorption partner” +1.
    (However, it will not exceed +99)

A monster with a low positive value should absorb a monster with a high positive value.

The monster will get stronger as that “ability” (the “+” value) increases, but slowly.

I’m sure @mastertrek can provide a better explanation.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  1oldtymer.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

I want to know the exact meaning of that + numbers.

First, I thought that shows some kind of additional status at starting or during level-ups. However, when I checked status at same level of +9 and +10, stats are same, and even some of them minused. So I got confused….

What’s the meanings of that number?

You won’t see much difference between monster at +9 and +10 because it’s only making monster slightly stronger (but stats may randomly increase or decrease unless the + difference is significant) . Also, you shouldn’t worry about it until you beat the game. You can fuse monsters if you want or change the party if you feel it isn’t strong enough to beat a boss. 

What the +x mean is that if you had high level before (Level 99 is recommended for monsters you want to have as the strongest, World Tree is the best option with a Size 1 top monster as support), the said monster will go to level 1 with much higher stats (as long as you will still have it) if you get the said monster to much higher + value than it had before. So a monster with +18 when fused with a monster +25 will produce a monster with +43. You can’t fuse monster once it reaches +99 but you can further improve the monster by using item to decrease the value by 1 while retaining the bonus stats. 

You can achieve this by continuously fusing monsters (different monsters have different skills and fused monster can have any skill except for World Tree Skills who can’t be absorbed. ) Maximum amount of skills a monster can have from fusion is 20.

Welcome 😇

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 565 Forums: 124 Topics: 1,470 Replies: 9,521