Merit Points

Written by MSG Commander

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Boy, when I’m dense – I’m really dense.

Not only was the other day the first time I ever used a Spilrau… now I’m just discovering the value of assigning Merit Points to something other than HP and Critical.

(Background: In the past, I’ve always assigned Merit Points to Attack Strength, Critical, and HP, in that order. For every character. Regardless of whether I use that character for attack or support.)

I have literally just now (now that I’m almost done with the walkthrough, and the game, for perhaps the final time…) discovered the incredible advantage that comes from “Reduced Stamina Usage.”

😉

Two things I’ve noticed right away since putting 5 points in Reduced Stamina Usage for all of my characters:

1. Skills cost a lot less. Denoas’ Doomslayer costs 63 without adjusting anything; with 5 points in, it costs 47.

2. Party members’ actions come a lot sooner in battle. Without adjusting, it was typically one turn for each party member, one turn for the enemy. With 5 points in, I tend to get everybody’s first turn before the enemy, and then I sometimes get more than one turn in between enemy turns.

I tell you, sometimes it really pays off to investigate all those settings that I just don’t want to bother with…

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

And…. thanks to my new understanding of Stamina:

I just beat the King of the Underworld at level 85. (Here’s the best I can do to offer proof.)

Proof of Victory:
    Screenshot_2017-01-31-15-44-19

Proof of Battle Results screen:
    Screenshot_2017-01-31-15-44-24

And now, I’m done with this game. HOORAY!!!

famouscrystal1417
    Participant

Hiw can you get that?,is that at hard difficulty?

This one is telling the
    1.truth(lies)
    2.lies(truth)

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Yes on Hard. I used a lot of Dynast Rays, and I just kept spamming Secret Potion of Battle until I ran out, then used Brave Force to keep filling the Deadliness Gauge.

There’s more to it than that but I think I have a Save file right before the battle, so tomorrow I’ll try to make a video.

I was surprised I beat him but probably now someone will come along who’s done it at even lower levels. 😛

1oldtymer
    Participant

Congrats! But wait…like the TV pitchman says, “There’s more!” The King of the Underworld is holding out on you. Why don’t you ask him for…

soul-of-the-underworld

Actually, I don’t remember which comes first–I have both the soul and the testament.

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Soul of the Underworld is given right afterwards (and I think you can get that one multiple times, but the Testament, you only get once.)

famouscrystal1417
    Participant

How to get testament,i am certain that what i want ask you about

This one is telling the
    1.truth(lies)
    2.lies(truth)

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Oh Lols. Sorry about that rimrazan.

Anyway you have to beat the ultimate bonus boss “The King of the Underworld.” He’s at the end of the Path to the Underworld which doesn’t open until after you beat the normal game.

There’s a good strategy on this page https://rpginsanity.com/symphony-of-the-origin/bonus-material/king-of-the-underworld/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.