Forums JRPGs Tenmilli RPG Best Grinding Spots

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 5 months ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

So I’m playing through the game a second time, and decided to stop and look for good grinding spots.

So far the best I’ve found is in Antarctica (the tiny dungeon in between the World Map and the Antarctic Peninsula). Most of the encounters here are either Rare Metal, or Metal Animals.

Rare Metal give 500 G and 10 EXP apiece – but they often run away at the start of battle, so sometimes you can only kill 1 of them.

Metal Animals don’t run away – and they give 10 G and 150 EXP apiece. Also, Metal Animals will often drop a Warp Card, which you can sell for 22 G, which ain’t much, but collect enough of ’em and it adds up!

So between these two enemies, this is a great place to earn both Gold and Experience.

Note: Occasionally I run into a group of penguins, or cockatrices. A group of penguins usually gives a few hundred G and EXP, and the cockatrices usually show up with 3 Metal Animals, so I’m still getting good EXP on those battles.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

2 users thanked author for this post.
    3beez
    Participant

Plus, you can heal with one of the spirits* for free. Frees is always good! 😎

*(The one that heals changes as the story progresses.)

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    halowes94
    Participant

..hmm..i think i had found better places to grind, for gold and exp. Only available for post-game (after finished clearing volcano boss), useful if you want maxing the character to max lv (havent reach it but i heard someone say the max lv is 99)

1. Gold: before we enter into the tower of mirror (within white seal, after silver ruin), there are two places to enter and one of them is needed to enter in order to obtain the ship key to enter tower of mirror – beating shadow dark spirit gain 666 gold for every one of them. Although the exp is quite less, but the gold is like omg. Notes: if you enter to the stair where you need to solve the picture puzzle, after entering the place that covered like prison (you cant enter unless if you clear the puzzle), you can face at least 3 shadow dark spirit at same time  (efficiency) (equiping bow at character let ypu finished the monster in one turn without spending any mp – not sure is that only for easy mode).
    2. EXP: – after you cleared the red seal – inside dungeon of trials (possibly floor 9~12)(dungeon beside temple of town), there are really weak boss that only having 200 hp (at easy mode) but since the boss have 10 of them, the exp granted is really favourable. Clearing that boss gain you 60k exp despite the facts that difficulty of that boss is just like normal monsters wave. Although it gave 0 gold, so you cant get any gold. Notes: using lucky ring accesories obtain at tower of mirror is better because effect of the ring is: all exp gain for the character (only that character) will be double.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by  halowes94.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

After you’ve cleared the Volcano, probably the best place to grind for gold is Arena Town.

In like 25 minutes of betting on fights you can make ~100,000G (Just keep placing 1,000G bets, and if you notice that a particular team keeps losing or there’s a matchup where you can’t really guess who will win, just cancel out of that bet and place a new one.)

For EXP, I actually kind of prefer the Room of Flight.

The overall Gold/EXP gains are significantly better than the Antarctic Plateau, but the battles are still easy enough that you could literally change every character’s job at the same time, go into battle with everyone at level 1, and still win. (As @halowes94 pointed out, equip one character with one of the bows that hits all targets, and these battles become super simple… On Normal difficulty you should also raise that character’s agility to ensure they get the first turn in battle.)

Plus it’s super easy to leave the Room of Flight and stay at the free inn in the Forgotten Village.

If you don’t need to cycle through a ton of classes though, your best bet is to just keep progressing through the story. Chances are by the time you reach the last dungeon, you will be prepared for the final boss. However you will need to grind before facing the Dragonlord – unless you’re comfortable with watching an ad to get revived each time you die in battle.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

EXP: – after you cleared the red seal – inside dungeon of trials (possibly floor 9~12)(dungeon beside temple of town), there are really weak boss that only having 200 hp (at easy mode) but since the boss have 10 of them, the exp granted is really favourable. Clearing that boss gain you 60k exp despite the facts that difficulty of that boss is just like normal monsters wave. Although it gave 0 gold, so you cant get any gold. Notes: using lucky ring accesories obtain at tower of mirror is better because effect of the ring is: all exp gain for the character (only that character) will be double.

Also in the deeper levels of the Dungeon of Trials, you can run into Loser Metal Slime, which gives like 340G – but it also gives 17,280 EXP! And you can often encounter two of them at the same time. (And they only have around 5HP or something like that). I think they start around the 8th or 9th floor? Not sure, but definitely worth hunting down…

halowes94
    Participant

EXP: – after you cleared the red seal – inside dungeon of trials (possibly floor 9~12)(dungeon beside temple of town), there are really weak boss that only having 200 hp (at easy mode) but since the boss have 10 of them, the exp granted is really favourable. Clearing that boss gain you 60k exp despite the facts that difficulty of that boss is just like normal monsters wave. Although it gave 0 gold, so you cant get any gold. Notes: using lucky ring accesories obtain at tower of mirror is better because effect of the ring is: all exp gain for the character (only that character) will be double.

Also in the deeper levels of the Dungeon of Trials, you can run into Loser Metal Slime, which gives like 340G – but it also gives 17,280 EXP! And you can often encounter two of them at the same time. (And they only have around 5HP or something like that). I think they start around the 8th or 9th floor? Not sure, but definitely worth hunting down…

hmm..thosr metal slime us too rare. Chances facing them is quite less…well, maybe there are item increase your encounter rate…not sure about that though

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Well, I decided to grind each character up to lv 99… and for that type of grinding, the 60K boss is the best choice. (Just beat the boss, go up one level and then back down, and fight them again.)

And yes, 99 is the max level.

I liked the idea of the Metal Slimes because it can get kind of boring just fighting the same battle over and over again… but honestly I have to say that the 60K boss is the best.

But you also can’t fight them in the Dungeon of Trials until after you clear the Labyrinth of Fire (I think that’s the dungeon they’re from?), so the basic order would be something like:

Pre-Volcano grinding – Antarctic Plateau

Post-credits – Room of Flight (for EXP) / Arena Town (for Gold)

Post-Labyrinth of Fire – Dungeon of Trials (for the boss that gives 60K EXP)

halowes94
    Participant

For that post- labyrinth of fire, in order to reach there, we have to beat transformed dark spirit (so, if you skipped transform dark spirit and directly went to labryrinth of fire…i wonder can you hit the boss)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

For that post- labyrinth of fire, in order to reach there, we have to beat transformed dark spirit (so, if you skipped transform dark spirit and directly went to labryrinth of fire…i wonder can you hit the boss)

I completely overlooked that lol… Thanks…

1oldtymer
    Participant

Also in the deeper levels of the Dungeon of Trials, you can run into Loser Metal Slime, which gives like 340G – but it also gives 17,280 EXP! And you can often encounter two of them at the same time. (And they only have around 5HP or something like that). I think they start around the 8th or 9th floor? Not sure, but definitely worth hunting down…

Yes, on floor 9 you can always bump into at least 2 loser metal slimes, and usually 4 if you move around on the floor a bit.  So go back up to 8, come down (bumping off Papurun on the way), and then bag the slimes.

Going from floor 10 to 11 is the easiest EXP battle.  You get 60,000, and if you have a couple of all weapons, you don’t even need to use magic, and if your turn comes first, it is a one rounder.  So go down, win, go back up, rinse and repeat.  [Just like the other posters here have explained.]

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: added floor 10/11
    1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,471 Forums: 119 Topics: 1,188 Replies: 8,136