Forums JRPGs Tenmilli RPG Special Drops from Boss Monsters

This topic contains 121 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 3 months ago.

Mastertrek

Finally the Red Seal is broken 🙂 it was very tough but Mazenda saved me with Full Cura 🙂 Note that most of the fight was made by auto hitting and Silence on all enemies was great until it wore off when they almost destroyed me.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Tried Transformed Dark Spirit. Got killed after my party did 1000 Damage total.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I don’t recall if I followed Commander’s advice and waited to battle this boss until later in the game.  However, I did find that many of the boss monsters can be hit with ailments that really help you (paralyze, which only lasted a turn, was good, poison was  of a little help, and debuffs were very good).

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

TDS (Transformed Dark Spirit) is dealing around 200 damage unless I debuff the Attack but when it wears off I’m dead (I completed some new areas and it took me 40 minutes to go through Arctic Plateau puzzle by myself which is a clever puzzle imo. Hardest part was to remember where each person was and the fact that I tried to go out the wrong way. And when I realized that I need to have one more person out before everyone can get to safety.. Dang. )

Now I’m in the Tower of Trials and that’s the place that will take more time due to having treasures. And stairs everywhere. (37 Dragon Pearls and still missing two key items but I’ll find them sooner or later)

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Congrats on getting through the Arctic Plateau puzzle.  There are some brutal puzzles in the bonus material.

Easy and fast grinding in the Tower of Trials.  (Bounce between floors 8&9 for max gain).

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

I can one shot enemies there with Lufa but priority is chests and as you said earlier to not overgrind, I try not to but xp gain right now is high enough. I just have to find the rest of items +9 secret equipment (At least I know the location of one but as I mentioned earlier it kills me because I have no high hp. Speed isn’t a real issue due to Quickra spell.

I’ve got some more questions :

1. Are bosses immune to Death like in many other games?
    2. Where is the most challenging boss (you said Dragonlord isn’t the toughest boss so I’m asking that. )

I’ll want to pay a visit to Dungeon of Trials as well because I wasn’t there for a long time.

Besides that I cleaned the Arena from all objectives needed to complete the post-game. Note that I don’t see anything bad in devs making Arena a must to do place because it doesn’t have a big challenge at that point (well at least if the party is just after Labirynth of Fire). 

At least I know that main game is best cleared without doing job changing because the xp is way lower than the Post-game (started Changing jobs after being defeated in Dark Forest. )

And I want to beat Yorozuya RPG too but that can wait. 

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I believe the bosses are immune to instant death, but not immune to many status ailments.

My favorite boss is in the Tower of Mirrors, if I remember correctly.  More fun than the DragonLord, and if you aren’t thoughtful, you will lose.  Not necessarily difficult, but more interesting.  Just about the only boss battle I lost and needed a second/third try to win.    I doubt you will overgrind if you just do everything, as that makes you quite strong.  With party members having the FullCura, as you know, you can stand quite a bit of pain.  The DragonLord is a standard just chop away/FullCura and you should have no problem.

So have fun with the remaining battles, and don’t despair in some of the tough puzzles.

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

🙂 Thanks 🙂

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Just cleared Tower of Trials. Easy bosses due to dealing awesome damage using all party attacks. Died first because I didn’t use Link.  (Oops, Tink).

Welcome 😇

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Mastertrek.
    Mastertrek

Dragonlord defeated on Easy. Forgot to have Dark Matter user so had to do some debuffs. Normal difficulty kkilled me.

Welcome 😇

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,653 Forums: 121 Topics: 1,272 Replies: 8,504