Forums JRPGs Tenmilli RPG Still Confused ’bout Job Class Changes & Some Other Details

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Uninvented 6 days ago.

Uninvented
    Participant

Desert Castle is my next stop. If I’m understanding the post by @mastertrek properly, we should train more in Dungeon of Trials before going to Desert Castle? Main party members are Level 25-ish now.

How far should I be able to get in Dungeon of Trials? Do you guys remember which bosses allow to descend lower into the dungeon? I ask because the last time I was in there, which was when I was playing the Temple Town area, I was only able to have access to the top two floors. (Tbh, I hadn’t thought to return up until now.) Is it a different boss per floor, or are there some bosses that unlock multiple floors?

Which bosses unlock which floors? I think if I had known that info, I may have remembered to return to the dungeon to check out the new floors. (I can’t translate from Japanese, and I can’t find the info in forums about all the floor bosses. I’m about to check the topic exchange for boss drops between Mastertrek and @1oldtymer to see if I missed anything there. It’s just so many pages to re-read! Lol.)

Between Lufa and the Amazon (don’t remember her name), I only had the option to add Lufa to my party. (I won the battles with Amazon’s boss team, and her Vice-Chief’s team. Lufa’s Vice-Chief didn’t give me an option to fight her team. All the more reason why I’m confused that I couldn’t gain Amazon but could recruit Lufa.) I noticed where others here who added Amazon first AND had the option to add either Elf or Amazon. Am I missing something that would have allowed me to recruit the Amazon? (I can’t change now anyway, since the game has been saved. However, the answer to my question may help someone else and I don’t want to have a prob recruiting the final party member, when I should be able to, after the volcano quest if I am missing something.)

Is there a recommendation about who should have which job class change and when? Is only one deed needed? Or is each deed consumable? I believe I found something about that (maybe from @msg-commander?) but I’m not sure what I read or where I read it. Can’t find it again- unless it’s in that 14-page thread!

Which “final” class should be the final class and how do we get there? I read about third degree levels, but I couldn’t find the tree about which classes progress that way, or what all the deeds are. How do we earn higher degrees?

So far, I have seven deeds:

Warrior’s Deed
    Sorcerer’s Deed
    Archer’s Deed
    Armor Emblem
    Pugilist’s Deed
    Priest’s Deed
    Morphweed

Is that all of them? I figured there would be 10 of them. No?

Are we to use the job class on the respective party member? For instance, use Warrior’s Deed on Blont? Then again, Armor Emblem is also a type of Warrior deed. And I thought I read that the same deed couldn’t be applied to a party member whose base Class is the same. For example, Bruce can’t use Archer’s Deed because he’s already an Archer. Didn’t I read that in the forum? Or did I misunderstand it or am I not remembering it correctly?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I feel frozen and afraid to move atm. I don’t want to do something that isn’t recommended, do something out of sequence, or not do something important.  This game seems much more complicated than it appears, and I get the sense that regrettable mistakes can happen.

Thanks, guys.

Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

First of all, I meant that after beating the game, the post-game dungeons (yes, you get several new dungeons after beating the game! Hooray!) you will have options for easier level ups.

Dungeon Of Trials (DoT) lower levels unlock as you progress in the Story (defeat a new boss and you will unlock next level of the DoT. The Labirynth of Fire is a Post-Game dungeon and is quite challenging to beat but I added tips for early Job Changes. 

ALL Deads are permanently unlocking one class for all characters that can use that Job. But there are other requirements (getting specific jobs to a specific level). They’re not consumables. As long as you have the specific Deed you can always change to that job. But in my opinion it’ll be better to not change Jobs unless you want to do serious grind.. And never change jobs for all characters unless you are sure that you can easily grind for it (which is easy to do post-game).

Final Classes are Magical Star and God Hand for 6 characters. 4 characters have their own best Third Tier Job). 

Welcome 😇

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

I suggest playing on Easy because you will have much easier game for the most part (and trust me, this game is unforgiving on Expert). And if you’ll follow the Walkthrough you will be good. And don’t worry about the fact you can’t get both Midori/Lufa. You can recruit the other character later in game.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Dungeon of Trials is best left alone until you can fight Ants which are almost the easiest way to get Exp until you can do Dungeon of Trials up to Floor 11.

Welcome 😇

Uninvented
    Participant

@mastertrek

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all that wonderful info. A huge help. I would have never guessed that stuff on my own. I am so glad you remember it and told me about it.

Nice to know that six chars can earn God Hand. You guys made it sound wonderful to have, and for some reason, I thought only one or two chars are able to achieve it. I didn’t think I’d be able to guess which ones. Six-out-of-ten, means at least TWO chars are going to have it. 😁 I’m sure it will be more, but even two is a number that makes me happy.

Laura

Mastertrek

I don’t really think there’s any huge difference between God Hand and Magical Star aside from spells (mostly because all characters that can get those jobs will be able to have best spells from other jobs too so you can have God Hand with Healing Spells but if you are making a Magic-based character, Magical Star and Full Focus on Magic Stat is a must. God Hand is best at Weapons and for the most part of the game,  everything that hits all enemies is the best,  except for bosses.

Welcome 😇

Uninvented
    Participant

That is great info to know! I’ve been wondering about that stuff. Thank you so much for including it.

Laura

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,732 Forums: 122 Topics: 1,292 Replies: 8,658