Awesome game – HIGHLY recommended

Written by MSG Commander

Forums Other Games JRPGs The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Awesome game – HIGHLY recommended

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jerry Cheng Jerry Cheng 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MSG Commander
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Last night, I finally finished this game. :woohoo:

It took me 45 hours, and I skipped a few of the optional side quests. The game is broken up into 5 parts: a prologue, 3 chapters, and a “final” chapter.

Basic plot: two step-siblings are training to join the Bracer guild (basically people who travel the country protecting others) when their father leaves on a mission and disappears. They travel the country, helping other people, advancing in the Bracer guild, and searching for their father. Much more than that would give away some pretty crucial parts of the story.

The battle system is not like anything I’ve seen before (but then I stopped playing games after FFX, until Kemco). You can read it about in my “Game Basics” post. Most random encounters aren’t too hard, but you do have pay some attention. Boss battles are more challenging – and the final boss is #$&&**&%$W@!#$^%$& ridiculous (but awesome).

And the story is incredible. It’s the first of 3 games in the series, so there are some unanswered questions at the end. And an amazing, heart-breaking revelation that leaves me wondering if I should wait for the Second Chapter to go on sale, or just buy it now. Having completed the game, I think I would say this is actually superior to several Final Fantasy games. I mean, the story is pretty complex, but it’s something that’s believable and that flows really well (and sometimes the FF story lines are, well… not so much. Although 3 and 4 were quite good, and I do love 7, but having recently played that one it is kind of weird and “out there”…)

Anyway I highly recommend this game, if you’re willing to commit 45-50 hours (and plan on playing Second Chapter when you’re done, and I don’t know how long that one is.) I doubt anyone would be disappointed with it.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Profile photo of Nemomon
    Nemomon
    Participant

Quick question about the battles. Are they static or real time battles? This game looks kinda too 3D for me, but I can live with it if the battles are nor real time.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Quick question about the battles. Are they static or real time battles? This game looks kinda too 3D for me, but I can live with it if the battles are nor real time.

Battles are turn based. Every “hero” and enemy has their own speed (or whatever determines battle order), so it’s individual turn-based instead of group-based.

Profile photo of Nemomon
    Nemomon
    Participant

Then I might consider playing it. Probably not anytime soon as I have so many projects on my head right now that I again stopped playing even Kemco games, but I will remember this one. Though, currently on my “want to play” list EXE-CREATE’s The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane is at the top place. While it was not released in English on steam, it actually was released on some another website that I forgot its name, so this game is available in English.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Then I might consider playing it. Probably not anytime soon as I have so many projects on my head right now that I again stopped playing even Kemco games, but I will remember this one. Though, currently on my “want to play” list EXE-CREATE’s The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane is at the top place. While it was not released in English on steam, it actually was released on some another website that I forgot its name, so this game is available in English.

Chronicles of Frane is on gamersgate, and it looks you can even download a demo of the game. (I’m trying it right now so if it doesn’t work I’ll update this.) Link to the game is here: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LACFDO/the-lost-angelic-chronicles-of-frane-dragons-odyssey

EDIT: Well the demo doesn’t even load on my pc. I get “fr3.exe has stopped working” and I can’t find any helpful information on that. So, download at your own risk.

There’s also some info about the game here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/10/exe-creates-next-rpg-is-being-localized-and-released-overseas/

Apparently there’s also some controversy as to whether Exe Create is trying to put it on Steam, or whether John Sears (who probably translated it) tried to get it on Steam without Exe Create’s knowledge/permission. I don’t know anymore than that cause I just found that information on gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/676333-lost-angelic-chronicles-of-frane-dragons-odyssey/64067539

As for as Legend of Heroes, I’d say wait for it to go on sale. I believe I got it for 50% off back on their summer sale.

Profile photo of Nemomon
    Nemomon
    Participant

The version of Frane I have is launching and working, so maybe there is something odd with Your PC. Although I must say that for me is important that it is translated and available in English. Whether it was released by EXE-CREATE or by someone else. But I think it rather had to be EXE-CREATE, because otherwise how this guy would get files to release this game?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Glad it’s working for you. I don’t know about the whole John Sears/Exe Create controversy. Like I said I only found that one post on gamefaqs and it could have been wrong information. John Sears is a familiar name though, I believe he’s translated a number of Kemco games so I guess it’s possible that he’d have access to all the files, but it does seem quite strange that he would try to pass himself off “as” Exe Create, and then they would continue to use him as a translator.

But the game’s been greenlit on Steam for about 3 years now, and still nothing… so… :huh:

Profile photo of Travelman31
    Travelman31
    Participant

Last night, I finally finished this game. :woohoo:

It took me 45 hours, and I skipped a few of the optional side quests. The game is broken up into 5 parts: a prologue, 3 chapters, and a “final” chapter.

Basic plot: two step-siblings are training to join the Bracer guild (basically people who travel the country protecting others) when their father leaves on a mission and disappears. They travel the country, helping other people, advancing in the Bracer guild, and searching for their father. Much more than that would give away some pretty crucial parts of the story.

The battle system is not like anything I’ve seen before (but then I stopped playing games after FFX, until Kemco). You can read it about in my “Game Basics” post. Most random encounters aren’t too hard, but you do have pay some attention. Boss battles are more challenging – and the final boss is #$&&**&%$W@!#$^%$& ridiculous (but awesome).

And the story is incredible. It’s the first of 3 games in the series, so there are some unanswered questions at the end. And an amazing, heart-breaking revelation that leaves me wondering if I should wait for the Second Chapter to go on sale, or just buy it now. Having completed the game, I think I would say this is actually superior to several Final Fantasy games. I mean, the story is pretty complex, but it’s something that’s believable and that flows really well (and sometimes the FF story lines are, well… not so much. Although 3 and 4 were quite good, and I do love 7, but having recently played that one it is kind of weird and “out there”…)

Anyway I highly recommend this game, if you’re willing to commit 45-50 hours (and plan on playing Second Chapter when you’re done, and I don’t know how long that one is.) I doubt anyone would be disappointed with it.

I could not find it on google play so I assume it is for windows pcs and laptops?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I could not find it on google play so I assume it is for windows pcs and laptops?

Yeah, sorry about that. It’s actually Playstation/Windows PC. I got it on Steam but it looks like now it’s also on Gog (I haven’t heard of gog until quite recently so if someone has bought games from them let me know what you think of the company?)

Profile photo of kamentierr
    kamentierr
    Participant

Yeah this game is very good. The slow pacing initially bores me and there is almost nothing going on like 2/3 of the game. But then it goes real and the ending struck me dumbfounded, it’s like playing MuvLuv Trilogy all over again :sick: And the long waiting (over 3 years) for the 2nd game to be translated is very painful :pinch: But it’s worth it!!

Gog is a platform that sell Old Games with cheap price, bonus goodies and DRM Free. In fact it’s one of those gaming platform that promotes DRM Free. You can get things like Baldur’s Gate, Planescape Torment, Arcanum classic Might and Magic and old games like that for like $5 or so. Of course the newer game usually costs more :silly: The good thing of GoG is that for older games like this they have a patch so that they can run on modern PC.

What an ass...

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.