Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Unlucky Hero (for English) Unlucky Hero Boss Videos Thread

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  breez 6 years ago.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

So I got a shiny new Samsung S7. It came with an app that i can use to record videos of my game. I thought i’d give it a try by recording the 1st boss fight. I plan to do more boss fight videos in the future.

video
    please specify correct url

So I’m curious about your opinion. Should i skip all of the dialogue and go right to the boss or leave the format as it is so you can read the dialogue?

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Man that is a sweet looking video. I’d have to say, I’d rather not see the dialogue beforehand, because there’ll probably be spoilers in the later battles. Could be bad for people who haven’t played it yet.

But that’s just my opinion, having never watched YouTube videos for any of these games. Might be good to hear a few other opinions too before you decide.

All your base are

Azyleo

Nice. Now I know someone besides me is also a recording videos. ( I use Shou with internal sound input on a rooted phone ). However to think that S7 would have a built-in video recorder is awesome.

The video quality is nice and the sound quality didn’t produce any static.
    Can I ask which codec for the sound and video did you use.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I actually used the game tools app on the Samsung S7. there is also the AZ screen recorder for you to use Azyleo.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I added in an annotation at the start of the video so you know which part to skip to for the battle. Does that help?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I added in an annotation at the start of the video so you know which part to skip to for the battle. Does that help?

That sounds like the optimal solution, though I just watched the video again and I didn’t see it?

All your base are

Nemomon
    Participant

Resumed playing this game. Boy, how much that female party member is annoying… Which makes me wonder, why in Kemco games or generally in games always must be a party member who is a total b… always whining. idiotic, or stupidly malicious to others especially to people who are far more intelligent than they are..

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Resumed playing this game. Boy, how much that female party member is annoying… Which makes me wonder, why in Kemco games or generally in games always must be a party member who is a total b… always whining. idiotic, or stupidly malicious to others especially to people who are far more intelligent than they are..

Easy stereotype, probably. Though I would like to see more mature, powerful women in the games as well.

My guess – and that’s all it is, is a guess – is that way back in the day, rgps and other console games were marketed mainly to teenage boys who wanted dumb or whiny girls in the story who would fall for the strong, brave leader (or who would just run around in tight clothes – and that’s all I’m saying, ’cause I want to keep this on the safe side of kid friendly :ohmy: ) Whether intentional or otherwise, over time I think it just sort of evolved into the industry standard, and I don’t think many devs really understand that they can do otherwise and people will still buy their games.

But like I said that’s just a guess; I could be completely wrong.

(Sometimes, the spoiled brat girl is done well in a game, especially if her character develops and she gains a bit of insight or wisdom throughout the game, but when they stay stupid throughout the entire game, then it’s too much for me…)

All your base are

Nemomon
    Participant

Easy stereotype, probably. Though I would like to see more mature, powerful women in the games as well.

My guess – and that’s all it is, is a guess – is that way back in the day, rgps and other console games were marketed mainly to teenage boys who wanted dumb or whiny girls in the story who would fall for the strong, brave leader (or who would just run around in tight clothes – and that’s all I’m saying, ’cause I want to keep this on the safe side of kid friendly :ohmy: ) Whether intentional or otherwise, over time I think it just sort of evolved into the industry standard, and I don’t think many devs really understand that they can do otherwise and people will still buy their games.

But like I said that’s just a guess; I could be completely wrong.

(Sometimes, the spoiled brat girl is done well in a game, especially if her character develops and she gains a bit of insight or wisdom throughout the game, but when they stay stupid throughout the entire game, then it’s too much for me…)[/quote]

I think it was kinda different. The very first RPG game was Dungeons and Dragons, and there people usually played strong and brave characters, for example Amazons, and there was no room for a whiny girl because they still were the same annoying as they are right now. Teenages rather wanted young, running in tight clothes, chicks with many and different virtues that kept saying “oh boy, how strong you are! :)”. After all at the end of the game there always was a big chest with many treasures, artifacts and experience poinst, so having a whiny girl around would destroy the fun of unveiling what new powers the characters have received. And instead of a whiny girl (that could always be used for many other different things), there always was a lone farmer that was more than enough to test all the new powers the players have received.

I think it rather is that designers intentionally add annoying characters, so players will hate them, and therefore will like the rest of the party even more. But I think that backfires, because no matter how long the game is, players rarely care about the characters let alone remember their names. If in the party there is a character that is super annoying, players only think like “die b…” or at times are even happy if during an encounter that particular character was severely damaged, and ignore the rest of the characters. Myself, I maybe just once or twice felt sorry for the characters that they have to deal with a such annoying person. But usually I don’t care.

But in a way this is what can ruin even a great game. So what that the plot is really unique and nice if the characers are dull, repellent, uninteresting and unfriendly. If only that characters would gain some development, there would be a real reason why they’re like that, then maybe… But this also rarely happens, most of time they’re malicious, because they’re stupid and malicious. They have no reason at all to be like that towards the MC or other party members (like Minerva), or the reason is so silly that it is almost unbelievable (Walter in Alphadia Genesis).

How much I would want to play a game in which party members do not hate each other… or if they hate, there is a strong reason to that. Or at least, like You MSG said, the party members in due time get smarter and stop trying to make a nuisance of themselves.

breez
    Participant

Great video, I know it will help when I get there. For now I need HELP , I can’t figure out how to go north to find the two sisters. .. yea very early in the game to get stuck …. I know

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,194 Forums: 143 Topics: 2,177 Replies: 12,815