Forums General Welcome Mat Hi everybody!

This topic contains 103 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Argnox
    Participant

I’ve just spend a solid 30 minutes writing an introduction to myself only to have the internet lag and lose everything

gREat-

English rule No. 72: If you're gonna give a point, you're gonna need some evidence and an explanation to back it up.

Jesusalva
    Participant

I’ve just spend a solid 30 minutes writing an introduction to myself only to have the internet lag and lose everything

gREat-

Oh well, this happen. I usually spend over half hour writing a reply, and when I read it before sending, I erase almost everything 😳

Anyway, welcome to the forums, @argnox ! 😀

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

Argnox
    Participant

Anyways, I’ve been here for a fee days/a week or two, and I like it here very much

I’m currently 16 and I’ve been playing Kemco games for a few years, which has helped my addiction to them grow.

I grew up loving old retro-esque RPG games and I’ve owned a lot of games from the Pokémon, Zelda and Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior as it was called) franchises.

When I discovered Kemco games I was overjoyed since it was actually JRPG games like the old ones were and had the same feel to them, unlike most games labeled as “RPG” nowadays which only have a minimal amount of actual Role Playing Game elements to it.

I’m also a beginner games designer -ish, I’ve made a few nice but simple games on scratch[dot]mit[dot]edu if you wanna check them out, I have the same username.

Great, now I forgot what else I talked about in my original introduction, ehh, this will do anyway.

Oh, right. I love Kemco games.

English rule No. 72: If you're gonna give a point, you're gonna need some evidence and an explanation to back it up.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Jesusalva
    Participant

I’m also a beginner games designer -ish, I’ve made a few nice but simple games on scratch[dot]mit[dot]edu if you wanna check them out, I have the same username.

Hey, that’s cool! I also develop games as a hobby.

I’ve finished my latest game, did a beta, asked every two weeks for a friend of mine to betatest it and  then… haven’t heard from them ever since 🙁

If you want a copy of it to playtest PM me, but don’t hold me guilty if you disappear ‘-‘ I think free software have “NO WARRANTIES” in uppercase letters, right? 😛

If you want a game I’ve done and which is much safer, you can check my profile. You won’t fail to find the game title, trust me 😛 Maybe the fact I haven’t done that alone makes betatesters don’t go missing… 🙂

I grew up loving old retro-esque RPG games and I’ve owned a lot of games from the Pokémon, Zelda and Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior as it was called) franchises.

Oh no… am I the only one around here who actually is not very fond of retro-esque? D: 😀

Just kidding, but for one, I think the most important RPG element is entering the character, opposed of what they usually do of “watching the universe”. Although the latter is often OK, I do not like games which neglect the main protagonist character 😛

Anyway, welcome again to RPG Insanity!

@msg-commander is the admin and he usually give the welcome within a day or two, but he was one of the beta-testers and as such he haven’t logged in the last six days. I am innocent, I swear. It must be his back again, not my game ‘-‘

Anyway, I better get going before this text grows too big… yelp.

EDIT: I just wrote it and he logged in. Lucky? 😛

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jesusalva.
    1 user thanked author for this post.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Hi @argnox, welcome to the forum!

I also love Kemco games (obviously)  😎

I like that they’re actual JRPGs like you said; in fact I sometimes wonder why no other developers are producing similar type games for mobile?

Probably comes down to cash-grab; it seems like the pay to win tap rpg element games with awesome graphics but no real story/strategy/user engagement tend to get millions of downloads while Kemco only gets thousands or hundreds of thousands. (And yes I’ve been lured in by a few games like Brave Frontier but sooner or later the fascination wears off and I want something with a story. And dungeons. And an actual ending.)

So, I love Kemco games, but it’s partly because they’re the only ones pumping out the kind of games I actually love.  😆

Anyway welcome. Oh and if you want to, feel free to post direct links to your games (if you want to).

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Argnox
    Participant

Graphics don’t really matter that much to me as long as the actual plot of the game is good.

But of course it would be nice to have nice graphics and cool attacks, but not as much so to that the game is rendered unplayable because the graphics take too much space and lagg everything

I usually find drawn/pixel graphics much better than 3D graphics

Mastertrek
    Participant

Yeah, I like to see good graphics in games but it’s not as important as gameplay, story or a good characters. Currently I am replaying an old ps1 classic games imo :Final Fantasy VIII. I really love Triple Triad xd Already spent around 20 hours specifically there (yeah, I’m insane in that game) 🙂

At good old times there wasn’t any need to know what fps in game and now the better graphics the game has, the better chance of lags (important in shooters to be fast). At least I am eagerly waiting for Kingdom Hearts III.

I love and hate The infamous Heartless Angel at the same time 🙂

Mastertrek
    Participant

And I forgot to say Hi..

Hi 🙂 🙂

I love and hate The infamous Heartless Angel at the same time 🙂

Argnox
    Participant

I’ve never played kingdom hearts, but i recently started Final Fantasy VIII on steam but delayed my playthrough of it due to exams
    I’ve also played Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles – Ring of Fates which was great and remains one of my favourite games ever, the story is just fantastic

Another game I love due to the amazing story is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

Argnox
    Participant

The Dragon Quest games are pretty good too and I think they were actually the original JRPGs in history, making slime monsters and metal monsters popular.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.