Forums General Welcome Mat Just discovered this…

This topic contains 38 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LitanyLegendlight 3 months ago.

LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

Uh, I just came across this page, and it looks like a lot (?) of people posted, so I guess I’ll just start. This is LitanyLegendlight, as the thing says, and I suck when it comes to technology or game strategy. That’s why I can’t quote in my replies to stuff. Asdivine Menace, by Exe Create, is my first RPG and that’s why I have so many questions about it. That might also be influenced by the fact that I didn’t start playing video games until two weeks ago (and I’m a teenager.)

(okay, what am I supposed to write now?) :looking around for a distraction: Oh yeah, also worth mentioning, sorta, is that I’m trying (unsuccessfully, ;-;) to write a novel. It is waaaaaaaaaaaay harder than it looks.

Last, are there any other teenagers out there that just feel insulted when you join in a conversation with adults and as soon as they see you everyone slams on the “act super nice bc that’s a little kid you’re talking to” face?

Or maybe it’s just me… :downcast:

Oh! Before I sign off! Is it just me again or do all the more active people all seem to know each other? This could make it potentially harder for newer members. Don’t ask me to explain; I hate having to explain stuff.

Um, I hope you’re satisfied with all that random information that I wrote down for some reason. This is starting to get weird.

[off]

“Please remember: Things are not what they seem.” -Haruki Murakami, 1Q84
    "Anything can be a sword if you polish it enough." -Shiota Nagisa, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (dub)
    "You ask them to speak/ When they tried to speak/ You judge them" -Mafumafu, Berserk

1 user thanked author for this post.
    LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

Adding on to what I said an hour ago, I read the rules.

“-that a 10-year old is reading this…”

Well, this is the closest you’re going to get. Also. Am I allowed to use the word idiot (not to describe other ppl’s strategy or something; like for myself)?

"Anything can be a sword if you polish it enough." -Shiota Nagisa, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (dub)
    "You ask them to speak/ When they tried to speak/ You judge them" -Mafumafu, Berserk

LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

Edit: Content deleted by LitanyLegendlight

Reason: Decided it was unnecessary/just plain stupid on my part.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Welcome to the forums and to answer your questions in order.

1. You have no reason to feel insulted because we don’t even know how old each of us are. There was no need to give away your age as RPG insanity ain’t an adult site. However, your typing mannerisms may give your age away (emojis and the like).
    2. You are right that the more active people do know each other to an extent. I can tell you that I’ve known jesuslava , oneoldtymer, MSG Commander, and Necromon as frequent users of RPG Insanity. For the most part, we’re willing to discuss current and future games and help other people with parts of games that they may get confused about.
    3. You can use the word idiot to describe Russian scammers that somehow keep targeting a small RPG forum dedicated to Kemco games as well as in-game characters. You just can’t use s**t, f**k, or r******d as well as slurs. If you want to, you have to censor the middle part of the whole word provided it is not a slur. Keep in mind that this is the internet and if someone talks crap about you, you need to turn the other cheek because you’re expected to have thick skin on the internet.
    4. Yes. How do you expect to progress in the game? If the boss is too hard, you can set the game to easy and spam your most powerful attacks. For EXE-Create games, buffing (Raising your parameters for a short time such as “Attack Up, Guard Up, etc.”) helps in boss battles. Don’t bother with using status aliments (Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, etc.) and debuffs (Attack down, Guard down, etc.) as those bosses are immune to them.

Take it easy and we’ll try to help you to the best of our abilities (Its been 4 years since I beat Asdivine Menace). Just a note that Asdivine menace is the 3rd game in the Asdivine series and Asdivine hearts is the 1st, Dios is 2nd.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Jesusalva
    Participant

I just wanted to say that the first Kemco game I’ve ever played was also Asdivine Menace 😀

It’s a fun and cool game, imo. Not the best work from Kemco, but still a good game.

A hint I give you is, unless you’ve overpowered yourself (like by lucky killing a metal monster), never toggle random monsters encounter to half. If possible, keep it on double.

If you find a boss too hard to beat, and don’t want to come up with a strategy or something: if you retrace the past dungeons with double encounter rate, you’ll usually get enough strength to do so. (This is what I did with Asdivine Cross)

Oh yeah, also worth mentioning, sorta, is that I’m trying (unsuccessfully, ;-;) to write a novel. It is waaaaaaaaaaaay harder than it looks. Last, are there any other teenagers out there that just feel insulted when you join in a conversation with adults and as soon as they see you everyone slams on the “act super nice bc that’s a little kid you’re talking to” face? Or maybe it’s just me…

About Novel

Before writing a novel, it helps if you have a clear idea of where you are, and where you are going to. Usually drawing like a map of the story will help. In the example of drawing a map, each major point on the map is a chapter.

For example, I’ll simplify to you, Asdivine Hearts 2 (I do not recommend this game):

• You begin in Asdivine, where the previous game left off.
    • Then you must go to the new world, because we already saved the original one from the crisis.
    • You’ll need to find out what is causing the crisis.
    • You’ll need to get a ship.
    • You’ll need to get an air baloon.
    • You’ll need to defeat a boss.

Each bullet point will become a chapter. You know how each bullet point begins and ends – write down on each point the important aspects.

And write the story which will fill the bullets from your heart. Try to address every important aspect you’ve wrote on the bullet point, but do not be afraid of skipping them or adding new ones. Begin small.

The bigger your first attempt is, the most likely to fail or to never finish it you are.

About little kid act

Here is a hint: Don’t be afraid of asking. But don’t ask things just for convenience.
    If you ask, eg. “how to move my char on Asdivine?”, people will either not reply, or treat you as a kid.
    Reason is simple: It is explained during the history, and on the help section.

You can avoid this, for example, by adding to your question if you checked help section, what section you found, or even if you did not found a help section as well.

When people in a forum treat you as a kid, they usually are not treating you as a kid, but they are considering your post was childish. Or just lazy.

Remember what Lemmy said, you’re expected to have thick skin on the internet. If someone insults you, ignore it and move on.

Moderators are like the police force of a forum, so if it was really insulting (and not just a personal insult), you can always report it.

PS. I am a programmer and a writer. So I write a bit too much. Sorry! D:
    PPS. And welcome to RPG Insanity! 😀

4 users thanked author for this post.
    LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

Thanks peoples. I honestly didn’t think anyone would see this so quickly. And I just beat Jane in the second one. Then Susha happened… I had the encounter rate on half and a repel ring equipped. Pretty soon, I ran into some sort of dragon while sailing, got caught off guard, and seven seconds later, “The party was defeated…” . Turns out the monsters in Susha have their normal attack twenty times as powerful as anything I can do. (Edit: that was in the deadly waters. Since I had encounter rate on half, I didn’t know what other ones were like.) I have SO much grinding to do… (Edit: I still do.)

And retracing the dungeon was what I did before Jane. I was so desperate to level up, I tried using the encounter ring. After losing to a Leviathan Dragon four times, I decided never to touch that thing again.

Last: I write a lot too. Unfortunately, all my criticism comes from the teachers who use the little kid act. I’m going to assume it’s not only because of my writing/talking style…?

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Its a bad idea to set the encounter rate in half unless you grinded to the area’s recommended level. The rule of thumb in RPGs is to only turn off encounters if you’re retracing your steps. Otherwise, the rate stays at normal the whole game so you can make sure you’re at the recommended level. Its a mistake beginners make so make sure to fight every battles you come by in a new area.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Nemomon
    Participant

However, your typing mannerisms may give your age away (emojis and the like).

One thing I learnt is that on the forums in the Internet sometimes it’s better to post a few emoticons more than a few emoticons less. Because with emoticons the post looks less rude or offensive (even though the post itself was not meant to be offensive or anything like that at all). I saw people posting an obligatory emoticon at the end of each of their posts to show that the’re not dead serious.

Also, I’m not dead yet :P. And once I will die, I would love to stay in my grave. Like Ramones were singing:

“I don’t want to be buried in a Pet Sematary

I don’t want to live my life again”

;).

===

About little age stuff, it all depends on what forum you are. Here it doesn’t really matter what age you are because at certain games adults might be same inexperienced as children, and we both might seek a solution from others that already found out it. On the other hand if you are on forums that require having a specific knowledge, you might be treated like a kid if you show that your knowledge is insufficient. Also try to avoid toxic boards (and maybe games too). Nothing good ever comes from that (unless you are immune to toxic, but since you are worrying about your age, I don’t think you are now).

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Jesusalva
    Participant

Thanks peoples. I honestly didn’t think anyone would see this so quickly. And I just beat Jane in the second one. Then Susha happened… I had the encounter rate on half and a repel ring equipped. Pretty soon, I ran into some sort of dragon while sailing, got caught off guard, and seven seconds later, “The party was defeated…” . Turns out the monsters in Susha have their normal attack twenty times as powerful as anything I can do. I have SO much grinding to do…

And retracing the dungeon was what I did before Jane. I was so desperate to level up, I tried using the encounter ring. After losing to a Leviathan Dragon four times, I decided never to touch that thing again.

Leavathan Dragon is a “boss in monk clothings”. In other words, even if it is a random encounter, it have the same strength as a boss. (Except for immunity versus status ailments and debuffs)

If you have enough speed, you should just flee as soon as you see it. If you don’t, then you should feed Speed seeds/fruits to your favorite char – all of them. Ah, right, defeating it means better chances at the boss.

Remember you can save-reload to obtain the most from stat boosting items. It’s annoying, but those dragons usually drop something nice, or give a good xp/gp (and allow you to use single-target skills, otherwise those would only be useful against bosses).

Encounter Ring should only be used on special maps, imo. Namely, Gold Islands and Metal Islands.

LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

But how is it that it has normal ATK (no critical) at around 50k, while in other worlds a regular ATK is around 500?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 757 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,723 Replies: 11,317