Forums General Welcome Mat Just discovered this…

This topic contains 38 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LitanyLegendlight 3 months ago.

Mastertrek

Again, ???

I’m not sure what do you mean but @nemomon made a small joke. I apologize for any confusion you had. 

Welcome 😇

Hazzy
    Participant

Hi Litany, nice to meet you,  you seem to be a really nice guy so I wouldnt worry about fitting in, people here seem to be really nice.

I dont think you should really feel insulted because people treats you differently, lets say you are a really nice person, then most other people would feel like returning the favor, I think that is completely normal and you shouldnt worry about that, it probably has nothing to do with your age.

About the writing issues, there is no shame in looking online for some tips, also dont fear the cliche, sometimes its just right.

Good to see somebody just joining the community, makes me feel less out of place haha, hope we can get along.

Better than expected

3 users thanked author for this post.
    LemmyTheLenny
    Participant
    They did not explain the joke properly. Mastertrek’s profile picture is Riddick from the Chronicles of Riddick and.. its basically an inside joke you wouldn’t get.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

And in these dangerous times being stuck at home doesn’t leave much options to stay sane. I already have symptoms of RPGInsanity but I guess that’s fine.”

🙄 😆 😎

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Victar
    Participant

(okay, what am I supposed to write now?) :looking around for a distraction: Oh yeah, also worth mentioning, sorta, is that I’m trying (unsuccessfully, ;-;) to write a novel. It is waaaaaaaaaaaay harder than it looks.

[off]

Writing is like pretty much everything else. It takes practice, practice, and more practice. Learning about the craft helps, from taking English courses (that includes studying literature) to reading writing guides, but there’s no substitute for just doing it, and doing it, and then revising the rough draft, and then revising the rough draft some more.

Jesusalva has given valuable and much more specific advice about writing in this thread; I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Favorite RPG of all time: Journey to Kreisia (by Exe-Create)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Azyleo

Just to put in my two cents, I also had a very unconventional way of writing before, largely due to the fact that English is not my 1st language (or even my 4th for that matter). You’ll get better as time goes on and when you just use it frequently yet correctly. There is no need to be eloquent at first in any language foreign to you, so take time and you’ll get better.

Also I have bad memories of my previous writing habits. So much so, its recorded on this very site. Although I would still thank MSG (and others) for actually telling me to suck it up and fix it (Previous guides and what not) 😛

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

@azyleo your writing (and perhaps your overall grasp of English) has improved dramatically over the years you’ve been on this site. 😎

Which is quite an accomplishment, considering that nobody on the internet uses grammatically correct English at all (no, not ever, lol)… meaning you also now have a better understanding of our slang and colloquialisms and all of the really horrible abuses of our language that come just as often at the hand of native English speakers as they do those who English is a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., language. 😆

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Azyleo

@azyleo your writing (and perhaps your overall grasp of English) has improved dramatically over the years you’ve been on this site. 😎

Why thank you.

Which is quite an accomplishment, considering that nobody on the internet uses grammatically correct English at all (no, not ever, lol)… meaning you also now have a better understanding of our slang and colloquialisms and all of the really horrible abuses of our language that come just as often at the hand of native English speakers as they do those who English is a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., language. 😆

This is just part of the charm of the internet. You learn stuff that you don’t really intend to most of the times 😛

LitanyLegendlight
    Participant

“Considering that nobody on the internet uses grammatically correct English at all…”

Every single Canvas assignment desc: perfect grammar

Some peeps on RPG Insanity: somehow perfect grammar

This super-cringy chat page I created some time ago: WoW eVeRy OnE oF uS hAs PeRfEcT gRaMmAr SoMeHoW

(Sorry, I like to contradict things. Also, I didn’t want to have to quote the entire paragraph, so I just used quotation mark thingies… they’re more trustworthy than bbcode.)

“Please remember: Things are not what they seem.” -Haruki Murakami, 1Q84
    "Anything can be a sword if you polish it enough." -Shiota Nagisa, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (dub)
    "You ask them to speak/ When they tried to speak/ You judge them" -Mafumafu, Berserk

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 757 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,723 Replies: 11,317