Forums General Welcome Mat Nice to meet you everyone!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 4 months ago.

Findme
    Participant

Hi everyone. Nice to meet you!

I found this site about 3 years ago while searching for info about Antiquia Lost. Got registered, read the rules and thought I’d post here.

I play mostly arcade and PC (RTS/Puzzle). My first Kemco game was Revenant Saga and I’m not going to forget it anytime soon. The dungeons were huge and I actually lost my bearing a few times I had to stop playing and continue later. Also, if you’re knocked out in transformed state, you’ll be out for the rest of the battle.

My biggest beef was random encounters. I wasn’t too fond of them. Coupled with huge maps, I just ran away from everything. I killed bosses by turning Albert into a Glass Cannon.

Later I met the Demon King Hershel and oh boy, it turned into a long and grueling war of attrition. Took me 80-90 minutes to beat him. Next I was informed that there was chaos in Demon Realm so I went there directly. I just wanted to get it over with at that time.

Again, I ran away from everything and I finally got stuck at one of the four Generals (the slug). Decided to level up and found out that it’s basically impossible. Every enemy formations I met killed me on the spot.

Fortunately, after a long while, I finally met one formation that I could barely defeat, some sort of female zombie. Got several levels from a single fight. I beat the Generals then met the Boss, a familiar face. It took me 50-60 minutes to beat him the second time.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Jesusalva
    Participant

Hello and welcome! ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh wow, that sounds like a rough trip to Revenant Saga ๐Ÿ˜ฎ The Dogma wasn’t like this O.o

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Findme
    Participant

That was my fault ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m never a huge fan of random encounter so I ran away from about 85% of them. After playing other EXE-CREATE games, my rule of thumb is level 60 (against Last Boss) and Level 80 (against True Last Boss). In Revenant Saga I was at Level 40 and 60, 20 levels behind the curve.

But the game itself is merciless. Compared to Revenant Saga, Dogma and other games feels much easier to me.

If I’m not mistaken, In Revenant Saga:

• You have to transform to use the more powerful spells. I tried to use non-transformation spell only but I couldn’t.
    • During transformation, your transformation gauge fills up automatically even while your character is paralysed.
    • If the gauge fills all the way up, the character will become Berserk for 3 turns.
    • If at any point (including during Berserk status) your character dies before you can de-transform manually, they will be dead PERMANENTLY. So you’ll have one less people in the party and soon two less people. This is the biggest difference from Dogma and other Kemco.
    • I have no restorative items that can both heal and reduce the gauge, leaving me between a rock and a hard place.

Before the last boss, it was a relatively peaceful, albeit painful, journey for me. I managed to boost Albert’s damage output by a factor of maybe 20 so the bosses were somewhat manageable. Unfortunately the final boss was something else.

Humongous HP, inflicted every status in the book, delayed my turn repeteadly, increased my transformation gauge all the way up and so on. Add to that my seriously underleveled party and I got disaster on my hand >.<

Mastertrek

@findme, sometimes I also run away from battles, but, usually I want to get every Chest in each place (often it’s something I won’t use) and most KEMCO games don’t require grinding to beat any Boss you’ll encounter while playing the Story if you don’t run away.. Random Encounters are around 70% of the games you’re playing, so, if you want to play the game, check if you can beat Random Encounters in any area before Fleeing from them. Bosses will be a Challenge but you’ll know you’re not spending an Hour fighting them.

There are games, which are designed in a way that punishes you, if you are underleveled and with basic Equipment.

Dragon's Blade.

..Dragon’s Blade, one of the best games I played, but it has one issue that is unacceptable: Although first few areas are balanced in a way so exploring them can be fun, eventually you’ll find yourself 20-30 Levels below expected Level for the Next Boss, without any good Equipment and you’re supposed to to Grind for several hours to have a chance at the Boss at the end.

Dragon Sinker and Dragon Lapis are both fun games (one has 12 Characters you can use, the latter has a very slight Final Fantaay X feel with its Plate System). I didn’t play Alvastia Chronicles so I’m not sure what it’s about.

Welcome ๐Ÿ˜‡

Findme
    Participant

@mastertrek, thank you. I do have a habit of running away from every random battle in RPG. I don’t know where I got that from myself. It’s quite common actually for me to find myself dragging say, level 25 party through level 40 area.

• run away
    • meet a wall boss
    • grind for an hour
    • beat boss
    • run away
    • repeat

More often than not, the random enemies themselves cross into boss class difficulty during my grinding attempt.

In one of Asdivines (or maybe Antiquia Lost) I tried to level up normally. That is until I found out I could use Wing Goods item to boost my damage. To be spesific, it worked in tandem with attack that did extra damage against flying enemies. So I ran away, beating several bosses ahead using said items.

In Asdivine Cross, I found out I could steal rare equipments from a much more powerful monsters during preemptive encounter. Usually I only had enough gold to buy a single weapon or two so this really helped. So again, I abused that then ran away. The vicious cycle continues lol.

Maybe I need to play that Dragon’s Blade game ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mastertrek

@mastertrek, thank you. I do have a habit of running away from every random battle in RPG. I donโ€™t know where I got that from myself. Itโ€™s quite common actually for me to find myself dragging say, level 25 party through level 40 area.

• run away
    • meet a wall boss
    • grind for an hour
    • beat boss
    • run away
    • repeat

More often than not, the random enemies themselves cross into boss class difficulty during my grinding attempt.

In one of Asdivines (or maybe Antiquia Lost) I tried to level up normally. That is until I found out I could use Wing Goods item to boost my damage. To be spesific, it worked in tandem with attack that did extra damage against flying enemies. So I ran away, beating several bosses ahead using said items.

In Asdivine Cross, I found out I could steal rare equipments from a much more powerful monsters during preemptive encounter. Usually I only had enough gold to buy a single weapon or two so this really helped. So again, I abused that then ran away. The vicious cycle continues lol.

Maybe I need to play that Dragonโ€™s Blade game ๐Ÿ˜‚

I remember that in Fernz Gate you could have a Full Defense every Turn against most Damage sources (only deflects one Attack), so I’ve beaten the hardest Arena early (600 Levels too early.. Good times!) by making sure nothing could hurt me..

Sometimes it’s nice to beat the game or get as far as you can while restricting yourself. [No Equipment or Permadeath upon losing a Fight (Usually it’s an Easy Challenge on its own, I’ve done a run in Kingdom Hearts without dying once until I got to fight Sephiroth.. This guy’s a literal Heartless Angel.)

Welcome ๐Ÿ˜‡

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 791 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,793 Replies: 11,584