Forums Kemco Games Hit Point What Hadjane Says Goes! Kemco's new game July 2017!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 5 months ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I’ve put in almost 4 hours on this game. It’s definitely NOT what you expect from a typical Kemco release – in fact, I think the same team that did Elio was in charge of this one; it just has that similar kind of feel to it.

So, the folks who enjoyed Elio will *probably* like this one, but for everyone else… I can’t really recommend it. Especially not after Djinn Caster – which is a phenomenal action RPG. Next to that, this one falls flat on its face. The dialogue is okay, I guess, but the plot really isn’t… and the action – you run into a room, all kinds of monsters appear, but if you’ve collected enough resources to level up at all, you can pretty much annihilate everything…

It is kind of cool that you can level up yourself and your “minions” (and you can change the minions you summon as the story progresses). Also you can strengthen and upgrade your weapons… but to be blunt, it kind of feels like the “Candy Crush” of RPGs… I wish I could say nicer things about it but for fans of Kemco’s “standard fare,” I just can’t really recommend this particular game… Still, I’ll probably play through to the end, just so I can say that I have… Maybe there’ll be some kind of surprise in store but I don’t really think so…

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Zherk01
    Participant

Hit-point could have salvage this game if only they increased the difficulty of the game. So many good features wasted since you steamroll prerty much anything that stands in your way. I still like it though, I love the Disgaea-esque artworks and the story is pretty easy-going but thats a nice change I guess after the “Great ExeCreate Dump” last year. I still pretty much like it but thats just my Hit-point fanboyism being stubborn.

Ohh, and at least it got 4.7 rating! Ha!

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Hey, I’m glad that you enjoyed it. I’m mostly disappointed, like you said, with the lack of difficulty. I do agree that the artwork is really cool, and I guess there is some humor in the dialogue, but like you said so many good features just get wasted, I just don’t think this title will appeal to a large group (but if it’s 4.7 on Google Play, then maybe I’m being too harsh lol…)

Anyway as my grandmother used to say, “To each his own.”

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Well, I played the game all the way through to the end, and I feel like I need to walk back my previous statement a little bit…

As you get into the later stages, the difficulty level is a bit higher – enough so that I had to take the game off of Auto, and occasionally had to do some real grinding to either level up or to strengthen my weapon. And I will admit, the longer I played, the more the game grew on me. I still wouldn’t say it’s a great game, but it’s really not as bad as I’d previously made it out to be.

It is cool that you can upgrade your weapons, and in each area you collect new “minions” that you can dispatch. Also, you can level up your minions so if there’s one you really like you can make it truly OP… and each level tells you what enemies and materials are there, and that plus Full Auto make grinding pretty easy. So there are some cool elements in the game, but overall it’s still pretty average. (So, not completely terrible… but certainly not on a level with the really great titles either…) So, I guess in the final analysis, I am neither for nor against this game. I wouldn’t recommend it, but I also don’t think it’s a complete waste of time.

Oh, and once you finish the game, there’s a very short little bonus scene, and then it prompts you to start a new game +, with some extra monsters and materials that weren’t available in the first play through. It also says in NG+ that the regular monsters will be stronger, so for people who do really like the game, there should be some good bonus content.

Pancho
    Participant

I’m of course going to make an OP Pancho minion, after I finish making my OP Pancho team on band of monsters. In my opinion hit-point has the best games, and I’m not just biased because of Pancho….😂

Everyones favorite lil' beaked mushroom ~Pancho!

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I’m of course going to make an OP Pancho minion, after I finish making my OP Pancho team on band of monsters. In my opinion hit-point has the best games, and I’m not just biased because of Pancho….😂

Panchos are the best.   😆

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 522 Forums: 122 Topics: 1,423 Replies: 9,250